hello :)

beatlemorgan

Reaction score
lurker up until now, I'm hearing, I'm 20 and I live in west texas, and I'm learning ASL! I love it <3 I'm going to be an interpreter, but first I'm getting myself into the Deaf community and learning to communicate with beautiful ASL :)
any questions feel free to ask:wave:

Hello and welcome aboard! :wave:

What got you interested in learning sign language?

:ty:

I was in my senior year of high school, and I had no idea what I wanted to do after graduation. I have a learning disability in math, kind of like dyslexia with numbers, I was in a math class for people who had trouble with math. the school had the local colleges come talk to our class, I sat there the whole time zoned out until they had a deaf teacher and interpreter come from the deaf college here. I immediately was interested.
that was back in 2008. I finally started Jan 2011. I was intimidated first but teachers and students in my class are wonderful and patient with me. I'm taking ASL 2 over the summer, I love it :)

I'd love to go, but sadly I live far from Austin. We were supposed to be visiting a school down there for deaf-blind, but I don't think we're going to have the money :(

Come to Deaf Expo in Austin on April 16th. I heard 500 deafies including myself will be there.

Free admission, but you will need to pre-register to get in;

Austin, TX | DeafNation Expo

I was told that you don't need to pre-register, it just helps you get through the entrance quicker. :D

But Welcome to AllDeaf, newcomer! It's too bad you won't be attending. I myself live a little under 3 hours away from Austin and I am making the trip out there. (I'm very persistent :giggle:)

:wave:beatlemorgan,

I have math LD too, diagnosed in college.
Am hoh, am in my 30's, started losing my hearing couple of years ago.

I was told that you don't need to pre-register, it just helps you get through the entrance quicker. :D

But Welcome to AllDeaf, newcomer! It's too bad you won't be attending. I myself live a little under 3 hours away from Austin and I am making the trip out there. (I'm very persistent :giggle:)

I would go if time and gas money was no problem! I live about 5 hours away, never been but I would want to stay a few days for sure. plus I'd need to find a driving buddy or a 5 hour energy :thumb:

:wave:beatlemorgan,

I have math LD too, diagnosed in college.
Am hoh, am in my 30's, started losing my hearing couple of years ago.

:) nice to meet someone who knows how it is with math! fought the school since 4th grade, diagnosed Junior year in HS. I'm still in math and failing! they tell me to keep trying, I feel like its a waste of time and I want to move on. :mad: other than that I have a positive attitude about everything else I'm doing, I go to math class and try to work, usually just get a headache. so sick of math being shoved down my throat! :pissed:
Sorry for the rant! did you have to struggle and wait it out? I'd like to hear about it :)

Hi Phillips!:wave: how are you?

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

:wave:beatlemorgan, I understand about struggling....I'm gonna put my answer to you more on that in different thread - under "General Chat" so this way the Intro.'s remain here
:)

Back