Hello

ever440

Reaction score
Hello all my name is Dennis. I am a father of four one of which is Deaf. As i family we are currently enrolled in ASL classes at the Deaf and Hard of Hearing services. I also am taking ASL in a local college. I have been found that the more i participate in the Deaf community the more i am drawn into it more. My family started learning ASL on you tube by watching signed english music videos. I enjoyed those so much that i had to create a site dedicated to ASL Videos only. The site just went up today and i encourage you to check it out and express yourself. the site is [Mod Edit: Please watch the spam. Thank you.] It will be getting better and better as time goes on. But i will need the Deaf Community support to keep it active. ( No this does not mean i want any cash from you!) just for you to visit it and enjoy the videos. I always will respect you feedback. Hopefully provide a medium for ASL student and the Deaf community to come together.

Hello - Welcome to AllDeaf.

I tried watching a video, but since I don't know enough ASL I was not able to follow along. Sorry!

thank you for the replies

KristinaB

I am starting ASL 2 this coming week. It is a great language which has lead me to meeting many new friends. My daughter does not know ASL yet that is why the family is also taking ASL as a group.

Keep checking back on the site. It just went up today and more and more videos will continue to appear. I hope to make this a site the Deaf community will rally around.

Wow! That's great that you all are taking ASL for your child! :welcome: to AD!

Remember that signed English and ASL are not the same. It seems that you have interchanged them seamlessly. ASL is a language in and of itself and signed English is taking spoken English and making it manual.

ASL and Signed English

rockdrummer

agreed to clarify i am taking ASL in college. currently enrolled in ASL 2.
As a family the Deaf and Hard of Hearing service is teaching the adults in the class signed english while they concentrate on ASL with the youger students.

I would like it if they were teaching my wife ASL but at least it is a place for her to start. And will give her teacher her enough to understand alot of the signs in ASL. (or at least it seems that way from the NEW experience i have so far.) On a plus they Deaf and Hard of Hearing services is teaching the entire family Deaf Culture.
So i look at as this is a starting point for the family. Officially my daughter is Deaf in her right ear and has hearing loss in her left ear. We have a hearing test for her next week. So time will tell.

Sorry for the lengthy story and thank you for the warm welcome.

thank you again

Thank you again for the warm welcome. Ran into some issue yesterday with my insurance company seems they do not want to pay for my daughter hearing test. I just found out this past Friday night at the silent social that my daughter has been telling my wife she can not hear as well with her cross hearing aids as she used to be able to. I ask her about her batteries and they are new and appear to be working. So either her aids are malfunctioning or her hearing is declining in her good ear. Either way looks like a battle with the insurance company is coming. I tried to make an appointment yesterday and got push back so i am now trying to use the services of Sertoma Club. We will see how this all plays out. Right now not happy my company changed insirance companies on us.

KristinaB

I am starting ASL 2 this coming week. It is a great language which has lead me to meeting many new friends. My daughter does not know ASL yet that is why the family is also taking ASL as a group.

Keep checking back on the site. It just went up today and more and more videos will continue to appear. I hope to make this a site the Deaf community will rally around.

I am late deafened and will be taking an ASL class starting on Jan 26th for 9 weeks. Nothing like a college course. I will check the site as I can so I can learn more.

college class

enjoy the class. Tonight is day two for my ASL 2 class. I have lots to learn.

I am late deafened and will be taking an ASL class starting on Jan 26th for 9 weeks. Nothing like a college course. I will check the site as I can so I can learn more.

Back