hello!

StealingSaturn

Reaction score
Hello. My name is Marissa. I am hearing. I joined the community because I made a new friend this semester in college who is HOH. This forum has been really great in helping me learn how I can try to be more supportive of him. :)

:wave: Welcome to Alldeaf. Is your friend the only one in your area who is hoh or deaf? (just curious)

:wave: Welcome to Alldeaf. Is your friend the only one in your area who is hoh or deaf? (just curious)

He's the only friend I have (so far) who is, but we're near Northampton, MA, where there is the Clarke School for the Deaf, so I assume there are many in the area.

and Thanks!

Hope you have fun reading and posting here. Is he just a friend, or a special friend?

Hope you have fun reading and posting here. Is he just a friend, or a special friend?

He's just a friend haha. We have mutual friends. Although, I would be open to dating a guy who is HOH or deaf. He has got the lingering and ever elusive "girl from home" thing going on.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have lots of fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

I'm a Happy Old Heathen, but I guess it could be argued that isn't HOH enough.

Is your friend here? If not maybe they would like to join as well.

welcome aboard

Maybe you can check out the Learning center for the deaf in framingham. There are lots of Deaf teachers that you might work there as an intership if you are still in college. just thoughts.

welcome aboard

Maybe you can check out the Learning center for the deaf in framingham. There are lots of Deaf teachers that you might work there as an intership if you are still in college. just thoughts.

Thanks so much for the suggestion. At school I'm an Animal Science major, but I actually want to go into (probably early) education. I really have learned so much from this forum and a Social Diversity in Education class that I was in this semester. We talked about Deaf culture and I find it really beautiful and fascinating.

I'm really considering learning ASL and possibly incorporating that into my future. That would be a really great place to start!

Are you from MA, too?

Back