Hello!

suitemindcrime

Reaction score
Hi, I'm SMC, and I am struggling to come to grips with my rapid hearing loss. I have a genetic problem that generally strikes the speech ranges, (meaning I can hear a lot of the background noise that most hearing people take for granted and tend to ignore, but I often have a very difficult time hearing or understanding speech), after the age of 30.

My hearing loss didn't hit me until the age of 32 and has progressed rapidly since then. My doctor guesses that I'm at about 70% loss right now.

Music was my life until now. Thankfully my Partner was an ASL interpreter, so He's been helping me learn a new way to communicate.

Hope to make some new friends here! :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. You will be fine. :wave:

Thanks everyone.

Actually, my nickname is one I've had for many years, long before my hearing started to decline. It comes from a band called Queensryche, and is a play on the title of one of their albums, "Operation:Mindcrime" and a song on the album "Suite Sister Mary" - my first name is Meri! :)

Back