Hello!

Kyrissaean

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm a CODA, currently living in Florida. I come from a very strong deaf family and just happened to be one of the few who was born hearing. I decided to join AllDeaf for several reasons. One is to re-familiarize myself with the deaf community again, and the other is to maybe ask a few questions to clarify a few things as time goes by.

Though the questions are more from my fiance who is currently taking ASL classes. Sometimes his teacher states a few things that I found puzzling and want to make certain it's more or less accurate. I just want to make sure he's learning the right things and not find out later on that it was incorrect. (I know, he could register and ask himself, but he's really busy with his classes. And I miss the deaf community.)

I recently moved to Florida and have no idea where to find the deaf community here. (Central Florida is where I am located.) But at least I can find some ideas online!

So, hello everyone!

1127jw9.gif

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. It is nice that you are CODA being related to your all Deaf family. I have a hearing son who can sign very fluently, but had problem with me being an only Deaf mother. I think he had change as a adult somewhat now that he understand me better. Anyway, I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Hello! Welcome to AD and I think that's nice of you that you want to get involve with Deaf community.

Back