Hello!

robowolf

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Elizabeth, I'm hearing and I'm from Oregon. I've been interested in ASL since I was young, but I've only gotten into Deaf culture and studies the past few years. I'm learning ASL and taking Deaf studies this year.

I've also studied Japanese and Japan for about ten years, so naturally these two interests have met and now I'm also interested in Japanese SL and Japanese Deaf culture - but other than Karen Nakamura's book, it's pretty hard to find anything in English about Japanese Deaf culture.

That got long...it's good to meet you all!

Hi! I'm Elizabeth, I'm hearing and I'm from Oregon. I've been interested in ASL since I was young, but I've only gotten into Deaf culture and studies the past few years. I'm learning ASL and taking Deaf studies this year.

I've also studied Japanese and Japan for about ten years, so naturally these two interests have met and now I'm also interested in Japanese SL and Japanese Deaf culture - but other than Karen Nakamura's book, it's pretty hard to find anything in English about Japanese Deaf culture.

That got long...it's good to meet you all!

It's not too long....trust me. I can get pretty long-winded myself. Anyway, welcome! I don't know anything about Japanese Culture, Deaf or otherwise, and I barely know about Deaf culture since I have only very recently joined the ranks as a hoh person, but I welcome you anyway and hope you have a good time here!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Back