Hello!

relayoperator

Reaction score
Hello, I'm not going to tell you my name because I am a relay operator and that is very confidential for my job. I also won't be telling you what relay service I work for or my CA number. I came onto this site to meet deaf people and to develop a better understanding of the culture, also because I saw a thread about bashing relay operators and it really frustrated me. We go through a lot for you guys and most of us enjoy it, unless abused or otherwise threatened by the deaf or hard of hearing user...which believe it or not happens a lot. I wanted to make it known that we do have feelings too.

And for anyone that hates me for being on this site, go ahead and hate me. I just wanted to understand your unique culture better.

Hey RelayOperator,

Welcome to AllDeaf!

I personally speak for myself not for other people they may agree with me, they may not agree with me..

You don't need to give out your name, or CA/TA/ all these abbreative codes for Relay's ID numbers!

However, I would like to make it easier for you to welcome here, and for me and other to know about relay too Someday in future we may be "thankful" that your here too to help out educations better on relay service, and Us educationing you guys too.. all kinds of cultures can be different in various of deaf/HoH etc..

:) Welcome to AD again :)

Wendy

Hey welcome to AD!! Dont need to know ur name. All we need to know is ur alldeaf ID thats it. ;) Enjoy your staying!

1.gif
to AD.. I hope you will enjoy the stay with us and happy posting away! :)

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Enjoy browsing and posting!

Hello relayoperator! Welcome to Alldeaf.
While I've yet to use relay myself (I'm HoH and have used normal voice service all my life and hoping I won't have to switch to utilising relay anytime soon), I can sympathise with your frustrations.
Because just like my profession (IT), it must feel like a thankless job at various times. Just remember that the people who *DO* appreciate the work you do (like myself), don't always feel the same need to speak up as often as the cranky ones. :)

Take care!

Hi relay...have fun on here....i promise to be nice....never know if i might need you in the future lol

zips x

:welcome: To All Deaf relayoperator!!
I'm hearing myself so you've probably relayed for me..hehe'
Anyways have fun posting &
Enjoy your stay here:thumb:

:welcome: Here! :wave: This place is great place to meet with other people from all over the place.

Enjoy your stay in AD and post anything to share with us!

:cheers:

Back