Hello!

Calphool

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. My wife and I are learning ASL, and my brother-in-law is nerve deaf. He suffers from neurofibromatosis, and lost his hearing in both ears when a bilateral tumor was removed from his brain. He was in his 20s when this happened. We decided to start learning ASL because it seems like the right thing to do. He's been learning ASL for a while, and my sister has become pretty good at it too.

My wife is far better at it than I am (she signs at our church on Sunday mornings), but I'm learning... slowly...

Anyway, I'm here to learn more about deaf culture, and hopefully to make some new friends. I'd really enjoy it if I could meet someone willing to work with me on ASL over a web cam from time to time (not sure how well that works, but it seems like it might be worth a try).

Hope to meet you soon!

--Joe (Calphool)

Welcome to AD. I hope you will enjoy the stay with us! and Happy posting away! :) :D

:welcome: to All Deaf Calphool!! I've been learning ASL slowly myself. So I know how you feel hehe':) But its been alot of fun. Take Care & Have fun posting!

:welcome: I'm so glad you and your wife are learning ASL and even your sister too. I'm sure your brother in law is very pleased. Communication is the key. Because of ALDA (Association of Late-Deafened Adults), I'll pray he'll overcome his deafness soon or later. Enjoy reading and posting here.

Back