hello...

darkangel8603

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I havent been able to check this site for a while, had been sooo busy with orientations and stuff. Cant believe that I have been here for almost 2 weeks now.

Today is my first day of class, went to class at 8 this morning, but no teacher came, so after like 15 to half hr of waiting, we left. I am wiating for my next class at 11.

I can't come on here much because I dun have my own laptop, I wish i did, but I don't. My mom and dad wil lbe fighting for me with my OSAP, which is like VR for Ontario students, anyway because i will need a laptop or even a computer in my room, so i can do my homework, and focus well, as i have adhd, so need my own time to conteerstrate easier. I applied for one, but OSAP turned it down because they said that gallaudet had reported that i don't really need a computer as there are many access to computers around here, but it is hard for me to focus with many people around here, so hopefully i can get one soon.

anyway, talk to you all later.
I miss being on this site, lol.
Bye bye..

Welcome back to AD for short time.

I understand that how you feel but not only for you and most VR in USA are bullshit too.

If you are from USA then you can have SSI/SSDI to get $$$$$ every month and focus on school work, no need to apply for new job.

Well, I love you. :( :hug:

hey girl i am glad that u are doing allright smiles.. i know it will be busy around there.. i hope that u will getting laptop soon! :hug:

I hope you are liking Gally so far. I know what it is like to have ADHD/ADD...it is such a pain in the ass. I could never work on my papers in a library or computer lab room because there are too many people there and it is just too distracting. I like to work alone. I hope you are able to find a way to get a pc or laptop soon.

I don't remember if you mentioned it yet, but what major are you considering? I am going back to college this spring here in Texas and I am majoring in graphic design. :)

Yeah I know whatcha mean on that. ADHD/ADD is very hard to deal with at times. Its gets so bad to where your mind feels like a freeway of multiple thoughts running through it so fast & so many & can't concentrait. There's times in school I just had to yell out "shut-up" at the top of my lungs when I was trying to do something. Got kicked out of class for it. But oh well, at least I got to finish my work in peace in quiet, rather it be in the office or in the hallway:)

I hope you are liking Gally so far. I know what it is like to have ADHD/ADD...it is such a pain in the ass. I could never work on my papers in a library or computer lab room because there are too many people there and it is just too distracting. I like to work alone. I hope you are able to find a way to get a pc or laptop soon.

I don't remember if you mentioned it yet, but what major are you considering? I am going back to college this spring here in Texas and I am majoring in graphic design. :)

Hello darkangel!! First of all, good luck as you enter Gally, and I hope you will have an enjoyable experience there, as the next 4 years will be the test of endurance. I know you will do well there. My son is on meds for ADHD/PTSD, and whenever I needed special services for my son, I would talk to his doctor, and the doctor would write a letter to the school administration. It was very helpful having this doctor draw up letters when my son's services were not met. I suggest you trying talking to your doctor, and if he agrees that you need this laptop, he could write a reinforcing letter on your behalf. It's worth a shot, and it can't hurt. Good luck!!

I suggest you trying talking to your doctor, and if he agrees that you need this laptop, he could write a reinforcing letter on your behalf. It's worth a shot, and it can't hurt. Good luck!!

This is actually a very good idea.

Welcome back to AD for short time.

I understand that how you feel but not only for you and most VR in USA are bullshit too.

If you are from USA then you can have SSI/SSDI to get $$$$$ every month and focus on school work, no need to apply for new job.

Well, I love you. :( :hug:

She's Canadian.

Hello darkangel!! First of all, good luck as you enter Gally, and I hope you will have an enjoyable experience there, as the next 4 years will be the test of endurance. I know you will do well there. My son is on meds for ADHD/PTSD, and whenever I needed special services for my son, I would talk to his doctor, and the doctor would write a letter to the school administration. It was very helpful having this doctor draw up letters when my son's services were not met. I suggest you trying talking to your doctor, and if he agrees that you need this laptop, he could write a reinforcing letter on your behalf. It's worth a shot, and it can't hurt. Good luck!!

YES!! We've done the same for me. I need specialized equipment, and whenever something wasn't covered, we'd get Dr's statments reinforcing need. It was a pain in the butt, but we ended up getting what we asked for, and having it paid for.

I just said "If".

You really need to think things through. She replied...

"My mom and dad wil lbe fighting for me with my OSAP, which is like VR for Ontario students, anyway because i will need a laptop or even a computer in my room,"

This indicates she's Canadian, and SSI/SSDI wouldn't apply.

Welcome back to AD for short time... Abt VR, almost all students always complain that VR always turned down for laptop included myself and I had to buy it on my own $$$...

darkangel, I thought you were bipolar? If you're bipolar then you don't really have ADD/HD. A lot of the symptoms of those two disorders overlap.

darkangel, I thought you were bipolar? If you're bipolar then you don't really have ADD/HD. A lot of the symptoms of those two disorders overlap.

Actually, one can have BOTH bipolar and ADHD/ADD. Hence the term "comorbidity".

Gee, what a snap judgment!

She is bipolar. ADHD is often associated with alot of psychiatric disorders. It's called comorbidity.

Hello again,

first of all, SSI in american is called ODSP in ontario, Ontario disablities support pension. And yes i am born and raised FULL CANADIAN! heh

Yes, i have bipolar, but i also have adhd, so i have both. I know it seems strange to have both, but it is possible and i am one of them. SUCKS too. but that is part of life that we have to go thru.

Hello again,

first of all, SSI in american is called ODSP in ontario, Ontario disablities support pension. And yes i am born and raised FULL CANADIAN! heh

Yes, i have bipolar, but i also have adhd, so i have both. I know it seems strange to have both, but it is possible and i am one of them. SUCKS too. but that is part of life that we have to go thru.

i undy how ur feeling abt this

i just wanted to say good luck and best wishes as you go to Gally. I hope it went well for you :)

Many individuals have both Bipolar and ADHD. During a manic period of Bipolar disorder the ADHD symptoms can be exacerbated significantly. Are you on any combination drug therapy to manage the symptoms?

Back