hello

:wave: welcome to AD belochka -- enjoy ur stay! :D

belochka said:
Well, I’m actually hearing, so I don’t really sign in Russian, but I still writing and speaking. The story of mi starting learning sign language is very funny. I was watching TV with my kids, and there was a program called "something special". Presenter was talking, and signing and I just loved it. Then I decided that this is what I really want to do. When I told my mum, she was shocked, coz previously I have finished studying international law.But some people think that I’m doing it just coz I want to add number of languages I speak, sign going to be fifth.But that’s not true. I love sign language, and I’m looking forward to work with deaf children,I want even adopt one. :wave:
Your story is really interesting! I myself am part Russian. I was born in Cuba (am hearing as well) and moved to Sofia, Bulgaria at 4 years old. I learned the language completely. Then at 5, I moved to the US where a couple of years later, I forgot Bulgarian because I had no one to speak it with. My family refused to speak it with me. My great grandfather was a Russian counte, and he fled Russia to Bulgaria during the Bolshevic Revolution. I am right now learning Russian by myself. I check out books in the library very often about learning Russian. I am really interested in that language. Well actually, I am really interested in LEARNING languages. I know English, Spanish, and ASL. I am learning Russian, plan to lean Bulgarian again in the near future, French, German, Ukranian, Polish (when you know Russian...mostly all other slavic languages are a really easy), Italian, Portugese, and Ancient Egyptian Heiroglyphics (I am really into the Ancient Egyptian lifestyle and culture). I am turning 17 this upcoming March, I am really quick when it comes to learning languages, and I have many many years ahead of me. I think I can pull it off!

lena and non_sequitur, welcome to AD as well :wave:

belochka, yea, myself know ASL but kids way of sign language very neat i have 2 daughters of 5 y.o. n 2 y.o. love to talk with them their own home sign language i dont know why they picked that language so i do for them to understand me sometimes i show ASL they could understand me but respond on their own :)

may we talk more, PM me what is ur AIM, AOL, MSN or Yahoo I would love to talk with u, lena and non_sequitur :)

my info's in my profile. but i leave aim and msn on 24/7. if you can't reach me there, just drop a line in my livejournal.
aim: oihanen
msn: honkie@ziplip.com
lj: oihanen
i look forward to chatting with any of you! :gossip:

Lena said:
Your story is really interesting! I myself am part Russian. I was born in Cuba (am hearing as well) and moved to Sofia, Bulgaria at 4 years old. I learned the language completely. Then at 5, I moved to the US where a couple of years later, I forgot Bulgarian because I had no one to speak it with. My family refused to speak it with me. My great grandfather was a Russian counte, and he fled Russia to Bulgaria during the Bolshevic Revolution. I am right now learning Russian by myself. I check out books in the library very often about learning Russian. I am really interested in that language. Well actually, I am really interested in LEARNING languages. I know English, Spanish, and ASL. I am learning Russian, plan to lean Bulgarian again in the near future, French, German, Ukranian, Polish (when you know Russian...mostly all other slavic languages are a really easy), Italian, Portugese, and Ancient Egyptian Heiroglyphics (I am really into the Ancient Egyptian lifestyle and culture). I am turning 17 this upcoming March, I am really quick when it comes to learning languages, and I have many many years ahead of me. I think I can pull it off!

I love languages too. I speak azeri my firs language, turkish, russian, english now learning BSL, hopefully after that i wanna learn arabic, french, italian and german.Good luck to us with learning languages.And u know, its really easy when u know russian, when im buying polish food, i understand what it is,i dont need to know polish, coz words are almost the same.U can practise your russian with me if u want.
Very best of luck with your studyes.

belochka said:
I love languages too. I speak azeri my firs language, turkish, russian, english now learning BSL, hopefully after that i wanna learn arabic, french, italian and german.Good luck to us with learning languages.And u know, its really easy when u know russian, when im buying polish food, i understand what it is,i dont need to know polish, coz words are almost the same.U can practise your russian with me if u want.
Very best of luck with your studyes.

Italian is extremely easy if you know Spanish. Once you learn Italian, I suggest you learn Spanish and Portugese. The languages are very close related. German is hard. My father knows German...6 declinations. For me at least, it is very hard to pronounce the "augh". I have more of a Slavic tounge. It's much easier for me to pronounce a bunch of "ie" in a word or sentance. I do wish to practice speaking Russian with you! I am right at the begining of learning though. I know how to read and write in cyrillic (but some letters do confuse me and there is one that is really hard for me to pronounce!). Yes, good luck to us in our studies!!

Lena said:
Italian is extremely easy if you know Spanish. Once you learn Italian, I suggest you learn Spanish and Portugese. The languages are very close related. German is hard. My father knows German...6 declinations. For me at least, it is very hard to pronounce the "augh". I have more of a Slavic tounge. It's much easier for me to pronounce a bunch of "ie" in a word or sentance. I do wish to practice speaking Russian with you! I am right at the begining of learning though. I know how to read and write in cyrillic (but some letters do confuse me and there is one that is really hard for me to pronounce!). Yes, good luck to us in our studies!!

Ну значит будем практиковаться.Мы можем писать латыницей тоже в зависимости от того, как тебе удобно.

Some ppl say, that if u sperak Russian,then u easyly takin Spanish sounds.
How do u learn Russian?Is it by yrself or.....?
By the way, which russian letters confusing you?

belochka said:
Hi everybody.
My name is Bella, im 25.I live in London, but was born in Azerbaijan.
Back home i've finished univercity (international law), now im BSL student

Hi Bella. I'm familiar with your homeland. My ex-husband was from there. Welcome to AD.

LuvsInk said:
Hi Bella. I'm familiar with your homeland. My ex-husband was from there. Welcome to AD.
Hiya.Nice to know, just shame that he is ex lol.
Have you ever been there?

Back