Hello

DarrenD

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new here, though I've been lurking several weeks. I'm partially deaf and wear two hearing aids (and am totally addicted to Pink Floyd - go figure...) but I still rely on lip-reading extensively to get me through a conversation. I lost my hearing when I was about 1.5 due to overlapping cases of chicken pox and german measles, so I grew up with a hearing aid.

I had a grandfather who was totally deaf since birth, and I learned some signs from him that I've since forgotten. I've never been to a deaf forum like this, but I can totally relate to the humor and frustration here. Hope I can contribute something, sometime. :)

:welcome: to AD and enjoy your stay, hope u enjoy it much as we can do!

Hi! Welcome to AD and enjoy this! I'm pretty much new to this site as well but I have been enjoying it so far and I hope you will do as much as I do :)

:wave: :welcome: to AllDeaf DarrenD, I hope you have enjoyed your stay on the forum. I hope you have made a lot of new friends, and enjoy posting. Welcome aboard!!

G'day DarrenD,
Welcome to AD. Hope you'll make some friends on here and learn something from us.
Cheers! :wave:

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf DarrenD! You'll do well once you contribute with your thoughts/ideas, etc. and hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD as well!! ;)

HiBluE01 said:
:welcome: to AD and I hope that you enjoy these posts!!!! :D

I'm enjoying the HELL out of this place! This place has the best collection of smilies I have ever seen! :laugh2: Everyone is really funny and down-to-earth.

Hello There! :wave:

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here :)

Back