Hello!

kayy55

Reaction score
I'm new to this , but I'm a 22 year old & every since I was little I have always had trouble hearing & had hearing aids but never really truly wore them. But recently I just had a hearing test & it has gotten waaayyyy worst & I was hoping on meeting people who are going through the same thing as I am & would help me get through with this cause even though I can still hear, I'm afraid of what could happen next & I feel like maybe this place can help me & comfort me as I'm going through this stage where I can't hear high pitch noises or it's hard to understand people sometimes. I hope you guys can help me get through with this & some advice would definitely help!

When I was little, I lost a lot of hearing. Went through school HOH and now that I am 23, I have lost my hearing completely. I can definitely relate to your story. As I recently told someone on these forums, the problem isn't living without hearing. The problem (if you are late deafened) is knowing HOW to live without hearing. Many great people on this forum who might be able to alleviate your concerns. My advice would be to become active in the conversations within alldeaf.com and you will be surprised at how many people share the same frustrations as you and know exactly what you are talking about. I have limited internet access at the moment due to "complicated circumstances," but I am more than willing to throw advice your way about stuff or be a person for you to bounce stuff off of, although I would advise you to talk to multiple people as no one person has the same outlook on everything.

Welcome, welcome, welcome from me to you. :welcome:
:wave:

Back