Hello!

MarissaL

Reaction score
Hi!
My name is Marissa. I'm twenty years old and I live in Salt Lake City. I am learning ASL at my college, but am having a hard time making Deaf friends in the community I live in. I am really shy, so that isn't helping me, either. I go to Deaf events all the time and just don't feel like I can find people who will want to talk to me and become friends. I'm hoping to make some friends here who can help me feel more comfortable with my signing skills!

Welcome, and hang in there. No substitute for face to face with different people in person when learning.

What about finding a classmate to practice with? There should be someone that need to practice too. Can you sign your name yet, I would learn that so can introduce yourself to people and just take it slowly .

What about finding a classmate to practice with? There should be someone that need to practice too. Can you sign your name yet, I would learn that so can introduce yourself to people and just take it slowly .

Have you finally learned ASL...WDYS? ....

There's a Deaf community in Utah?!?! I mean I know that there are some Signing Deaf people....but b/c USDB is so heavily oral, you wouldn't think its that sizable to have events.

hi i'm h.o.h. i've no advice. i send you my love. be patient. be kind to yourself, as a loving mother would be. kisses from france. relax you are loved

Back