Hello! :)

bonney12

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Michael and I'm 14 years old - I live in South Wales. I am not Deaf though I am very interested in Deaf culture, and I have even tried to learn BSL. The problem with learning BSL is that I can't afford classes and there aren't exactly a lot of resources on the internet for me to use. Do any of you know BSL? Could you help me? :)

Pleasure to meet you! :wave:

I have seen a few British deaf people since being on the site, but sadly for you I see more ASL signers. =) ( Myself included ) Not really sure about the difference in signing from BSL to ASL... Would be interesting to see the differences ( not including finger spelling because I KNOW that will be different in foreign languages... lol ) But just the signing in general... Now I'm seriously thinking about this way too much... ANYWAY, maybe there is a site for BSL like there is for ASL. I know when I lost my hearing, my family wanted to learn basic ASL, so we were referred to ASLpro.com. It's an AWESOME site. So maybe there is something like that for you involving BSL? Give it a look and try! Good luck to you! =D

Thanks for the welcomes!

I have seen a few British deaf people since being on the site, but sadly for you I see more ASL signers. =) ( Myself included ) Not really sure about the difference in signing from BSL to ASL... Would be interesting to see the differences ( not including finger spelling because I KNOW that will be different in foreign languages... lol ) But just the signing in general... Now I'm seriously thinking about this way too much... ANYWAY, maybe there is a site for BSL like there is for ASL. I know when I lost my hearing, my family wanted to learn basic ASL, so we were referred to ASLpro.com. It's an AWESOME site. So maybe there is something like that for you involving BSL? Give it a look and try! Good luck to you! =D

Yeah I know... It's so difficult to find someone to teach me and to help me... it's annoying really. I considered learning ASL for a little while... I was wondering if you knew of an online dictionary maybe? I might consider it. :) Thanks very much!

Thanks for the welcomes!

Yeah I know... It's so difficult to find someone to teach me and to help me... it's annoying really. I considered learning ASL for a little while... I was wondering if you knew of an online dictionary maybe? I might consider it. :) Thanks very much!

You may be able to search the word that your looking for in BSL. For example, "Dog in bsl". Or you could try to learn the BSL alphabet and finger spell words but it would take a while. Good luck!!

Thanks for the welcomes!

ASLPRO.com is an online dictionary. You click the letter you want, and scroll down. When you click the word a short video pops up and someone signs it to you! =D It works pretty awesome for my family. Again, that's ASL though. =P

You may be able to search the word that your looking for in BSL. For example, "Dog in bsl". Or you could try to learn the BSL alphabet and finger spell words but it would take a while. Good luck!!

Thankyou very much for that :)

ASLPRO.com is an online dictionary. You click the letter you want, and scroll down. When you click the word a short video pops up and someone signs it to you! =D It works pretty awesome for my family. Again, that's ASL though. =P

Thanks :D Will try it out. Maybe you can help me when/if I need help?

I'm usually online at work overnight because I'm a winner. =P Plus, I get paid to do nothing pretty much... hehe... So over-night, I'm always on this thing. =P

:)

I'm usually online at work overnight because I'm a winner. =P Plus, I get paid to do nothing pretty much... hehe... So over-night, I'm always on this thing. =P

Haha xD Well, I live in Wales which is at GMT (GMT+1 in the Summer months), so your night time might be my day time and vice-versa! Do you have skype or something similar?

Back