Hello

ac03400

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Drew and I am currently a student at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, GA. My hearing is deficient for the most part, and I do wear hearing aides at all times, but I guess I would be considered Hearing. I do have an avid interest in Deaf Culture, and wish to learn more! Currently I am studying ASL on my own and absolutely love it, and I'd also love to become fluent. My major in college focuses on teaching elementary students.

I'd love to hear from as many people as I can. I will also check out the other threads on this site.

Thanks!

Drew Carr

My hearing is deficient for the most part, and I do wear hearing aides at all times, but I guess I would be considered Hearing.
I think it's very sad that kids who are HOH come here, and consider themselves hearing.
You're not hearing....you're HOH!

Currently I am studying ASL on my own and absolutely love it, and I'd also love to become fluent. My major in college focuses on teaching elementary students.

Why not transfer to Gally and become a TOD? There are ALWAYS new signers there........and there's always a need for ASL fluent TODs!

I guess I was thinking culturally. I grew up in a Hearing community. I may actually teach at a school for the Deaf. That sounds exciting!

Back