Hello!

sc24evr

Reaction score
Hello all. I am a Hearing person who has a very strong interest in learning about the Deaf/HoH Community and also reaching out to the Deaf/HoH Community. No one in my family nor in my circle of friends, is Deaf/HoH but I really want to make new friends and learn about your Culture. Similar to many others Hearing students on here, I am also teaching myself ASL through lifeprint.com /asl.tc . I have very high respect for your Community and I look forward to learning more and chatting with many of you.

A little about myself. I am from Atlanta Georgia where I am studying to become a lawyer. Ever since I was 10 years old I have always wanted to learn ASL. Recently, my wife introduced me to the show "Switched at Birth" which reminded me of my love for ASL which I had as a kid. I have recently began to teach myself again and I have been looking to meet people in the Deaf/HoH Community in Atlanta. But so far, the groups I have reached out to, I have yet to hear a reply. If anyone is familiar with an active group near Atlanta, please let me know! Thanks in advance.

Have a great week!

Welcome to AllDeaf. Great to read about your interest and
Love for ASL ever since you were young and likes Deaf Culture.
Glad you found the site and very Welcome. I am pretty sure if you
search or research further about Deaf Events and Socials you'd
find the resources and info you are looking for in Atlanta area as
I am pretty sure there are Deaf people living and working in
Atlanta area. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving Holidays.

Welcome to AllDeaf. Great to read about your interest and
Love for ASL ever since you were young and likes Deaf Culture.
Glad you found the site and very Welcome. I am pretty sure if you
search or research further about Deaf Events and Socials you'd
find the resources and info you are looking for in Atlanta area as
I am pretty sure there are Deaf people living and working in
Atlanta area. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving Holidays.

Thank you, Happy Thanksgiving.

Back