hello!

sadie89mae

Reaction score
Hello, :wave:

my name is Sadie, I joined this site to hopefully find someone/ people to sign with for practice... and hopefully make some friends! I am in an ASL class. I am going to become a RN! and I think knowing asl could come in handy, especially cus I want to work in the emergency room... and if some one came in signing trying to get help it would be good to know! I think there should be people who know ASL in more professions. Or maybe there is and I just don't know about it yet! lol I am learning about the history, culture, as well as ASL in the deaf community, and I just wanted to find a way to reach out and introduce my self to the community! I hope your allll having a GREAT day! or, well, night by now! lol its 1am my time.:giggle:

Hello Sadie
Welcome to AD forum. Glad you found the site to broaden your goals of becoming an ER Nurse.
Thanks and people like you are like Angels sent to save the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Impaired when such Emergency situation occurs and time it takes to wait for an interpreter is deciding factor against live and deatj situations in an ER.
Kudos to you and I am so proud of you. You are very Welcome to explore
ASL opportunities thru this forum and will be happy to mentor. I am profoundly DEAF and proud of
my heritage and culture. Again, Welcome to AllDeaf forum.
Cheers.

CoolMikey.

Hi welcome to alldeaf, it's nice to meet you and I think what you are doing is just wonderful. :) Can't wait to get to know you!

Welcome! I think it's great you are learning ASL to use when you become a nurse!

Back