Hello, newbie out of Sacramento

l8tdfnss

Reaction score
I am new to the whole deaf culture, and wanted to say hi to everyone. About a month ago my hearing was bad, but now it's gotten worse. I can no longer hear. My hearing loss started four years ago when I was diagnosed with cholesteotoma in both ears. Surgery was done over the following two years with some hearing still available. Then it took a turn for the worse last month and hasn't returned yet.
I am learning sign language at a local community college and learning a lot. My teacher is very good and patient knowing how hard it is for me to learn sign language without hearing. It's certainly not easy, but I will prevail.
I look forward to meeting new people and making new friends. If there are any people in my area learning sign language, hit me up.
:ty:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

I am new to the whole deaf culture, and wanted to say hi to everyone. About a month ago my hearing was bad, but now it's gotten worse. I can no longer hear. My hearing loss started four years ago when I was diagnosed with cholesteotoma in both ears. Surgery was done over the following two years with some hearing still available. Then it took a turn for the worse last month and hasn't returned yet.
I am learning sign language at a local community college and learning a lot. My teacher is very good and patient knowing how hard it is for me to learn sign language without hearing. It's certainly not easy, but I will prevail.
I look forward to meeting new people and making new friends. If there are any people in my area learning sign language, hit me up.
:ty:

:wave: ...and welcome aboard!....I'm so interested about ur surgery for Cholesteatoma....as I have it in my left ear and will have surgery in November, depending if the ear is "dry" enough.

Please PM (personal message) me if possible!...You're the 1st member I've encountered that has/had this ear disease...I would appreciate it so very much!...

Back