Hello! New to the forums :)

Lexii

Reaction score
Hello there.

My name is Alexa and I'm 22 years old. I'm HoH, completely deaf in my right ear, and half deaf in my left.

I currently live in Chicago, IL - I just moved here from my hometown of Baltimore, MD. I am looking to go back to school (somewhere closer to home) and I'm debating between Art Therapy or Dental Hygiene. (two completely different things, I know).

I think it'll be nice to actually talk to other people who are deaf/hard of hearing. :) I look forward to meeting you guys! :laugh2:

LOL your name sounds pretty close to my sister's name :D
welcome to AD and make yourself at home with the peeps here!

I'm about to get Safaris next month (after I turn 16)
good luck and have fun.

I like your name!

Maybe we can get you to organize an AD meet-up in Chicago, and not have it fall through like last time... (long story).

Welcome to AD!

welcome to AD. for a career i would suggest dental hygiene. gives you a chance to gas the client and empty their wallets/purses the way a true deaf would

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Sometimes, it can get frustrated trying to decide what you would like to work as _______. Just have to fill the right one in the blank by what you are interest in what you can do on the future job. I had a hard time decide what I wanted to be like being a ballet dancer (I am too old for that now but I did not get on with audition and trying out for professional dance company, because someone told me no), a nurse (be able to hear the patient and using the stethscope (not sure about spelling, also told me no), or an office clerk (love to type a lot and have done some office work especially as a keypunch operator). I am not about to give up finding a job in office work as a Office clerk. So it is hard to find a job what you can do. If you are hearing, then you will find it the right one from your heart and your head. :P

So have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

:welcome: to AD!

I live in the outskirts of Baltimore. :)

Back