Hello--new member

HOH-ME

Reaction score
Hi all. I am a new member here, obviously. I'm trying to find info about going from HA to CI's. I have an evaluation scheduled in early March but just trying to get as much info as I can before then.

I a mom to 3 teenagers who suddenly lost most of her hearing about 18 years ago, no known cause. I have been wearing hearing aids ever since but they don't really help much.

what type of hearing aids have you been wearing? Have you tried the BTEs? They have more power.

what type of hearing aids have you been wearing? Have you tried the BTEs? They have more power.

I have 2 year old Starkey iQ's BTE. They come with 4 settings for various situations and while they are ok, they still don't give me the clarity I need to understand people unless they are facing me, I am lipreading and there is no background noise.

I have 2 year old Starkey iQ's BTE. They come with 4 settings for various situations and while they are ok, they still don't give me the clarity I need to understand people unless they are facing me, I am lipreading and there is no background noise.

Oh ok......Maybe ask and see what your speech reception score is without speechreading........you might qualify then.

Back