Hello! New Member Here

JunJun10

Reaction score
Hello, I've been reading the interesting posts on this blog for over a year, and I decided it was time to join :)

I am a PhD student in the UK studying Deaf culture in a global perspective. I am hearing, but I have mild hearing loss, which makes it difficult for me to communicate on the phone and in crowded places.

I want to say that I am not here to "use" members for my research or to complete some homework assignment (PhD students no longer have homework!). Interviews and surveys happen offline with participants that I have been introduced to through social and academic networks.

I am here to get a glimpse into Deaf culture in different societies. However, because I work with and interview deaf and hard of hearing individuals, I would like to ask for advice from time to time on social norms and ways to be sensitive regarding communication methods.

I am here to get a glimpse into Deaf culture in different societies. However, because I work with and interview deaf and hard of hearing individuals, I would like to ask for advice from time to time on social norms and ways to be sensitive regarding communication methods.

:welcome: I think you will find if you participate in the forums any questions you might have will be happily answered. It is the people who join purely for a survey or some homework that really annoys people. So join in and you will meet some nice people, maybe make some friends but mainly learn about the deaf culture. :)

Hello Monique, Very Welcome to AllDeaf.
I am Mike (CoolMikey) and I am Deaf and from
Houston. Are you Deaf or Hearing? It will be a
great pleasure to know and meet as well explore
Deaf culture. Hope to read from you and meet to
get acquainted. Smiles. Looking forward to read from
you. Have a wonderful day. CoolMikey.

Hello! Nice to meet you all:) Thank you for the warm welcomes.
I'm still learning my way around this site...I guess I am a little behind with technology!
I'm looking forward to chatting with you in the future!

Last edited:
Your at the right place to chat, there is something about almost everything here.

Your at the right place to chat, there is something about almost everything here.

Thanks for the warm welcome! The diversity of the members on this board (background and interests) has really impressed me :)

Back