Hello, New Member Here With A Question About The Site

i was (drags joint) trying to be sarcastic....
i failed
it was an attempt at sarcasm...

LOL I had wondered if that was sarcasm but erred on that. Sorry- have been a bit grumpy lately due to other issues outside of the forum (we won't go there with IN the forum...).

no kiddin..
i can get pretty focused too..(peaks out window)

Well one thing in common ;). It's odd- easy to get 'into' some things but others.. have a hard time.

ah... every job has it's dangers...mostly pesky people ;)

Hi!
The device is a personal computer-connected motion detector with some range, that sends a pop-up to the screen to notify that someone is behind you to prevent being startled. It also has an overlay to work on top of full-screen applications like games. Intended for frequent home/office computer users.

Most of us (who would want such a thing), just use a mirror, or position ourselves in such a way that we can see.
and the "Deafie sense" ... it's a real thing - most of us don't really need anything "extra".

That, and all the false triggers in a business/office environment would be more of a hindrance than a help.

Also, it's far more valuable to educate people how to correctly get a Hoh/deaf person's attention in various situations , than it is to cover up ignorance.

Wish you can invent something that can end job discrimination for several of us.

THIS!!!
most Deaf need the discrimination to stop..
im lucky in my line of work i just choke them out...'-)...but for most us thats not an option..

Wish you can invent something that can end job discrimination for several of us.

So true. Doesn't matter what level of education or type of job either. I have a degree, I have over 10 years experience... yet.. can't get hired or even interview a lot of times this time around- seems soon as they figure out I'm deaf... that figures into their decision. A lot of it i know is due to my 'gap' in employment true and my mainframe background (everything is mobile, cloud crap these days....)...

Sigh.

Back