Hello! New here!

Deafwolfie73

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted

Hello my name is Michael Taylor. I am deaf. I have been looking for deaf services in Scranton, PA which is in Lackawanna county. I need help find deaf services that would help me and my girlfriend find a place to live. My girlfriend is hearing and is 8 months pregnant. Anybody can help me or know where I can go? Thank you!

Wirelessly posted

I would apply for it but no permanent address. We been living in motel ever since the third of this month :(

Sad that you're expecting your child and on the street....Is she getting any pre-natal care?....Feel sure the Homeless Shelter would not turn you down until something comes up....there is a long waiting list for HUD (Section 8 Housing)....

sometimes they can make the difference with the priority with HUD (section 8 housing) for clients. My friend got it within a month

I work in social services but not in that county. I will ask around and send you a message if I come up with anything that might be helpful. Good luck to you and your family!

Hope this helps...

PA Office for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing

Agency Description:
PAODHH provides advocacy, information and referral to adults and children who are deaf or hard of hearing, their relatives, friends, physicians, lawyers, counselors and employers. The ODHH can advocate for people with hearing loss who are not receiving proper services from government or private agencies. It can distribute information and answer questions on issues which concern people with hearing loss and refer people to appropriate organizations. The ODHH stands ready to serve as liaison, to open doors, explain procedures and make referrals. No request is too small. This office covers 20 counties.

Email:
denibrown@state.pa.us
www.dli.state.pa.us/odhh
Phone:
(610) 821-6111
Alternate Phone: (800) 233-3008
Fax: (610) 821-6110
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Catholic Social Services of The Diocese of Scranton

Catholic Social Services of Scranton also has housing and emergency assistance
Scranton 570-207-2283

Back