Hello! Looking for information

Alicia714

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Alicia and I am an Anthropology student. I am working in a field research class and studying Deaf Culture. I am doing a follow up from a project I did last year and I am looking for deaf adults that had deaf parents. I have already interviewed deaf adults with hearing parents, but I have been unable to find very many deaf adults with deaf parents. If anyone on this site is deaf and has deaf parents and would be willing to answer a few questions please message me. I would appreciate it! Thanks :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. I am wondering if you attend University of New Mexico? Are you hearing or deaf? And are you from Albuquerque, New Mexico? I like Sociology but not a student there or here. I am a student at the Santa Fe Community College for aerobic swimming only. I love it.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I don't have Deaf parents and Deaf siblings. Mostly hearing family. I am only one in it. :(

Hello Bebonang

Hello!

I do attend the University of New Mexico :)
I am in ABQ, and I am hearing. I am trying to get more involved with the Deaf Community so I can learn more about Deaf Culture and improve my signing skills!
Aerobic swimming sounds fun!

If you happen to know anyone who could maybe help me out with my mini-thesis please let me know. Thanks!

Thank you for your response :)

Hello!

I do attend the University of New Mexico :)
I am in ABQ, and I am hearing. I am trying to get more involved with the Deaf Community so I can learn more about Deaf Culture and improve my signing skills!
Aerobic swimming sounds fun!

If you happen to know anyone who could maybe help me out with my mini-thesis please let me know. Thanks!

Thank you for your response :)

You are welcome. :)

My teachers gave me a statistic something like 10% are deaf with deaf parents.
Here's a link to an interesting study about that figure.
http://tinyurl.com/k9yndk6
My dad is deaf and I'm severe HOH, the small percentage with one deaf parent is telling, and from my experience with my parent's, their's was a tough relationship to say the least.

Last edited:
Reply :)

My teachers gave me a statistic something like 10% are deaf with deaf parents.
Here's a link to an interesting study about that figure.
http://tinyurl.com/k9yndk6
My dad is deaf and I'm severe HOH, the small percentage with one deaf parent is telling, and from my experience with my parent's, their's was a tough relationship to say the least.

Hello it is hard with such a small statistic! Would you be will to participate in my survey?

how old does the participants need to be, and what level of deaf are you looking for?

Hello,

I am shooting for over 18. Although if they are under 18 I would have get parental permission. Any level of deafness would be fine as long as they have deaf parents.

Thank you so much!

Back