Hello! Learning ASL...would love some help!

ElsieLouise

Reaction score
Hello all!

My name is Elsie and I am hearing. I have a deaf cousin who I haven't seen in years but otherwise do not know anyone else who is deaf. I am teaching myself ASL with books, a DVD and a couple of websites. I want to take a class for it at IUPUC in Columbus, Indiana where I live. I am going for a Bachelor's degree in General Studies and ASL classes are offered. I guess you can say I want to be prepared for the class.

I would love to find someone deaf or hearing to practice with. I just signed up with Skype as well.

Looking forward to meeting new friends!

Elsie:wave:

Hey how are you!. I went to IU too.

Im working on my ASL and definitely up for practicing. what is your Skype name? Ill add you tonight

Go Hoosiers

:wave:...welcome aboard....and ur name "Elsie"...haven't seen that name around in ages.....was a common Country name way back when....

Hi there Elsie I would love to practice with you. I just recently started trying to learn ASL and could use all the practice with someone that I can get. If you'd like to practice with me sometime my skype and yahoo s/n is acolley1225(I prefer yahoo though)

Yea I was named after a very close friend my mom went to school with so yes it is and old name. I've never met any "young" Elsie's.

Hi there Elsie I would love to practice with you. I just recently started trying to learn ASL and could use all the practice with someone that I can get. If you'd like to practice with me sometime my skype and yahoo s/n is acolley1225(I prefer yahoo though)

My skype name is elsielouise89 but if you prefer Yahoo messenger that user name is miss_elvis_2000.

Back