Hello, Just found site

Jeremy1982

Reaction score
Hello, I'm 30 years old, and I do hear. I started learning Sign Language when I was a kid because my Aunt is Deaf. I never got to see or visit her very much though so I never really got to practice it very much and wasn't able to advance that much with it. A few times here and there I would try to pick it up but recently, after some customers came through my line at the gas station where I work and was able to converse enough to help a group of deaf young adults in my line. It has inspired me to pick it back up and I've learned a fair amount in the last week alone. I've also discovered a few days ago that there is a deaf co-worker who works on the restaurant side of my store. I've had the chance to ask him how he was in his language and I think it made him happy. I've been trying to encourage some of my co-workers to learn some basic things. I think it would mean the world to people who come to our store to be able to be greeted. Anyhow, In my search for groups, discussion boards, video chats, I came across this website/forum. I'm really glad I did. And don't worry, I'm not here to bombard with surveys. Just want to get to know other people who I can learn from as friends. Hope I am welcome. Thank you.

Jeremy

Hello, welcome :) It is indeed a really nice surprise to be greeted or have people start signing to us instead of just apologizing to us when they realize we're deaf. I'm glad you want to continue doing that and encourage others to do the same as well.

Hi Jeremy, Welcome to AD. Thanks for sharing your story.
Hope your Aunt will be Happy and Proud of you to return back to
Learning ASL now that you found a Deaf companion at work.
By the way, where you from?. Welcome aboard once again.
Cheers.

A warm welcome to you Jeremy!
And as CoolMikey alrady asked, and I'm curious too....
Where are you from? ;)

Back