Hello, I'm new

Danie

Reaction score
Hello!
My name is Danie (Danica), 22. I was born in Blegrade, Serbia, but I live in Phoenix, AZ for five years now. I am student at ASU.
I have NIHL (Noise Induced Hearing Loss), diagnosed last year, not very hard, so I got hearing aid (Otticon ergo BTE), but I wear it occasionally when I need it. I hear quite weel, nearly normal at low and middle frequencies, but my loss inrease gradually from 1000 Hz above. In noral situations, I understand speach without problems, but when in noissy envronment or large rooms, I misunderstand some words (those with nasals). In such situation my hearing aid helps much.
Anybody with similar problem?
I also have MS, but my hearing loss has nothing to do with that.
Danie

heynewfriend.gif

Welcome to All Deaf.com Have a Fun!

I live in Pheonix, AZ too. Good luck with ASU!

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf Danie! Just wondering, are you now an American citizen or plan to become one eventually? Anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD! :)

whatup

WHHHHHHHATUPPPPPPP!
What is MS?
and... you used a lotta other big words.

Bum12FU said:
WHHHHHHHATUPPPPPPP!
What is MS?
and... you used a lotta other big words.

MS is for Multiple Sclerosis. What BIG words do you mean?

fo

Danie said:
MS is for Multiple Sclerosis. What BIG words do you mean?

oh. i see. thanks.
i was just rambling on about other stuff. no big words. :)

G'day Danie,
Welcome to AD. Hope you'll enjoy your visit here. You're quite young to be diagnosed with MS.
Cheers! :wave:

not really....my friend Julie has it and she's only a couple of years older then me!!

Roadrunner said:
Hello and welcome to Alldeaf Danie! Just wondering, are you now an American citizen or plan to become one eventually? Anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD! :)
No, I am not. Who knows... I have not yet plan for the future. |It depends... I would prefer to continue graduate study when I finish BS next automne. If I sign grant to some HA company as I am trying, maybe I will become an American in the future. But it is too early to say...

Miss-Delectable said:
G'day Danie,
Welcome to AD. Hope you'll enjoy your visit here. You're quite young to be diagnosed with MS.
Cheers! :wave:
You are righ it is not so usual. Usually MS is diagnozed in late 20's or early 30's, but it happen that mine was diagnozed five years ago, when I was not yet 17. And docotrs said that it was diagnozed late, perhaps 5 years after first signs of it... but seems I won lottery (joking little)

deafdyke said:
not really....my friend Julie has it and she's only a couple of years older then me!!
How old is she? And how old she was when she was diagnozed?

Back