Hello!! I'm new to AllDeaf.com ^_^

RacherBunny

Reaction score
Hi! :wave:

My name is Rachel. I'm 23 and married. My husband is hearing, but has Deaf family members. I, on the other hand, believe I have a mild hearing loss.

My husband and I have taken a beginners ASL class a few years ago, and I'm currently doing a self study ASL program using lifeprint.com.

I will be seeing my primary care doctor and an audiologist in a few weeks, and will finally find out more about my hearing.

I hope to learn more about my hearing loss, and the Deaf/ HOH community while here at AllDeaf.com :)

:cheers:
-Rachel

:welcome: Glad you are getting support with the ASL, others are not so lucky. :)

welcome to AD! I started out with mild/moderate loss as an infant and now offically almost profoundly deaf here

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I am glad that you share learning how to sign ASL with your husband. :D

There is a late deafened thread call "Adjustment to Late Onset Deafness" in the Our World, Our Culture forum. You might look into it and discuss with them. It is a long threads and Jillio is responsible to help you and every late deafened people learn about deafness and how to cope with it. Good look there. :)

I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back