hello, I'm new here :)

Lisi

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Lisa but I go by my nickname "Lisi". I'm severely deaf (70% bilaterally) and wear two hearing aids. I'm a nurse and an artist. Right now I'm doing the art for a living, as I resigned from nursing 3 years ago after 17 years, due to foot problems. I need to look for a new career at 42 years old, and I'm not too excited about it, because I feel a little lost. Scared too, really!

I wanted to meet other deaf/hard of hearing people who would understand the challenges of being hearing impaired. It's true...too many people (hearing of course) just don't understand me, my limitations, and frustrations. I believe it's about time I decided to find a forum to meet other people out there who walk in the same shoes.

Glad I'm here! :)

I'm not in your shoes, but I doubt you will find members here that are, and welcome to AD. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Good luck with the search.

Welcome to ALLDEAF!

hello

Hello everyone, I'm Lisa but I go by my nickname "Lisi". I'm severely deaf (70% bilaterally) and wear two hearing aids. I'm a nurse and an artist. Right now I'm doing the art for a living, as I resigned from nursing 3 years ago after 17 years, due to foot problems. I need to look for a new career at 42 years old, and I'm not too excited about it, because I feel a little lost. Scared too, really!

I wanted to meet other deaf/hard of hearing people who would understand the challenges of being hearing impaired. It's true...too many people (hearing of course) just don't understand me, my limitations, and frustrations. I believe it's about time I decided to find a forum to meet other people out there who walk in the same shoes.

Glad I'm here! :)

I AM NEW HERE MY FIRST TIMES:wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Just help us teach hearing people about our Deaf/HOH experiences of what is like to grow up Deaf/HOH. Glad you are here. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

:wave: Welcome to AD!!! You are an angel for being a nurse. :angel: What kind of nursing that you did? I would feel the same as I’ve been with my job for 18 years and is planning to move to Canada in a few years time and will need to look for a new job. Life does not begin at forty, isn’t it?

Back