Hello - I'm Michael

Swede

Reaction score
I've enjoyed reading this forum on various topics.

I currently live in California, but I grew up in Oregon & Washington State. Attended Hosford and Kelley Oral School in Portland, Oregon, Baker Junior High School (mainstreamed) in Tacoma, Washington and South Kitsap High School (regular school - no interpreters!) in Port Orchard, Washington.

I didn't learn ASL until I went to RIT/NTID in 1980 - wow, opened my eyes and learned great deal. Much better than trying to lipread, misunderstanding and embarrassment!

Welcome here Michael!

I went to Tucker Maxon Oral School down the street from your old schools :)

Hi Michael,

When did you graduate from RIT/NTID? Are you still in touch with many classmates of yours?

Hello Michael,

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay here ;)

oakbluffs said:
Hi Michael,

When did you graduate from RIT/NTID? Are you still in touch with many classmates of yours?

Graduated in 1983 - still in touch with some of my classmates.

deaflibrarian said:
Welcome to AD. I just joined in January myself. Careful where you step. There seems to be a lot of vomiting around here. :P

thanks for the warning... I'll watch out! :mrgreen:

Is Swedish your nationality-- if so, are you part of the first or second generation?

We got a first-generation Swede-American (Magatsu) and I am first-generation Finn-American. We also got an American (I hope I got it right) Deaf who lives in Norway. No Deaf in Denmark or Iceland that I know sofar.

Enjoy your stay-- you will feel safe now you know there is a Scandinavian club going on here!

:bowdown:
flag.jpg
flag-fin.gif
denmark-flag.gif
CI_flag_norway.jpg
iceland%20flag.gif
:bowdown:

Welcome To AD!

Hi Michael,
Welcome to AD!
I was born and raised Southern California.
I've known sign language for 30 yrs.
Enjoy your stay!
Margie
Dir. of Communication Services
OCDAC
Interpreter also.

gnarlydorkette said:
Is Swedish your nationality-- if so, are you part of the first or second generation?

Yeah, Swedish is my nationality, 4th generation.

Back