Hello, i m from Hong Kong

Talia

Reaction score
I m a Hongkonger and an university student with profound hearing loss. Wanna make some friends there. I can speak Chinese but my English oral...not good. It is fine for me to write in English.

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. Wow, your English is good. Nothing wrong with it.

I hope you have fun reading and posting here. Have a good day! :D

Nice to meet you guys! Actually i don't know sign language, I was taken to the speech and language centre for learning to speak Chinese. I spent 5 years there and finally I can speak like normal people. Although my pronunciation is not very accurate, it is fine for me to communicate with other. But nobody teach me English oral well, because in Hong Kong there is no native English speech therapist to teach deaf people to speak in English. Therefore, I cannot learn very well when I was young. In university, almost every course are taught in English, no Chinese course. So I have already adapted to an English learning environment, but I still very nervous in presentation, debate and discussion. It is tired and difficult for me to listen carefully for every students who speak in class. Many of my friends don't understand what situation that I have. Sometimes, I feel exhausted when I need to catch up with my study with other normal people.

Nice to meet you guys! Actually i don't know sign language, I was taken to the speech and language centre for learning to speak Chinese. I spent 5 years there and finally I can speak like normal people. Although my pronunciation is not very accurate, it is fine for me to communicate with other. But nobody teach me English oral well, because in Hong Kong there is no native English speech therapist to teach deaf people to speak in English. Therefore, I cannot learn very well when I was young. In university, almost every course are taught in English, no Chinese course. So I have already adapted to an English learning environment, but I still very nervous in presentation, debate and discussion. It is tired and difficult for me to listen carefully for every students who speak in class. Many of my friends don't understand what situation that I have. Sometimes, I feel exhausted when I need to catch up with my study with other normal people.
Wow..that's cool... I cant even speak chinese although im one .. I had problem with Chinese pronouncation.. Although im English speaking since young.. Even im exempted from Chinese lesson during pri and sec school..

Back