Hello, i hope this is the place for me :)

gab1430

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a peruvian girl, I am 40, I live in Texas. I am a teacher, and I probably was HOH all my life, but didnt know it or acknowledge it.
Right now I am losing my hearing at a much faster pace, i am profoundly deaf on my right ear, and severely deaf on my left one. HAs dont help me at all.
I married an american who has MS 12 years ago, and spent the last 11 years trying to conceive spending every penny we had on iuis, two ivfs that took me years to save for, no children so far. We want to adopt, but due to our disabilities, and the fact that I dont have 40k we cant go that route either. Surrogacy is the only way for us, but tx wont take traditional surrogacy so, we would need around 60 k to pay for an ivf with donor eggs and a surrogate, it is a nightmare.
The last year my father was diagnosed with dementia, he is in Peru and my hearing started to go down dramatically, maybe just my mind playing tricks on me, but that is how I feel.
I am a certified attorney in PEru, and a teacher in USA. I teach a bilingual class, but it is getting harder for me to get by, basically it is not the teaching, it is the peer pressure I feel in my interaction with others who make faces, or simply dont let me know what is going on because it will take them to repeat themselves and it becomes a burden, the phone constantly ringing in my class is another pain, people dont get that I am HOH although they know it, or they play the game of "we did tell you, you probably just didnt hear us" sometimes it may be true, most of the times I know it is not because I make sure i take notes or ask twice if i dont get something. So I am ready to look for another career, I have taught for 20 years, but at this point in my life and with my disability I dont know what to do.
I am the main money maker at home, so there is no chance for me to just look for a job that pays less or part time. I am good at carpentry, gardening, cooking, crafting, all kinds of hobbies, but not a professional in any of them.
I hope someone who reads this may have at some point felt as lost as i feel. I cant sign, I became severely deaf overnight when I was 28, and then it just progressed from there. I am a good lip reader, though.
Please tell me there is something out there I can do and be successful. I have thought of going back to school, but it looks like my gpa wont let me, I wasnt a bad student but wasnt a great one either, law school was tough for me basically for all the oral presentations a debates that proved so hard on me for my hearing, so I dont even know how i passed my classes. Where I come from if i had said i was deaf it would not have been understood, period.
I dont want to be a victim, I want to be able to do something to fix my situation, and feel better about my self, change my career or look for something independent that i could do, but I dont know what.
Please help me find my way. thanks so much

Welcome.

Just stick and read every threads and posts here that might give you something to think about what to do with your life that needs to change.

Back