Hello, I am hoh

sutina

Reaction score
I am older woman with Meniere's. Thanks to this disease I am exploring new way to communicate.

Hello, Thanks. Not sure how long it will take me to get the hang of this. Nervous.

What are you nervous about? The forum, or learning a new communication method?

Well I will try not to bore you. It's several things. I am deaf in my left ear, going deaf in my right ear, thanks to Meniere's. Married, but husband gets so worked up because so many times I ask him to repeat, even though I have a hearing aid in my right ear. He thinks I should be able to hear through walls. I live out in the county. There are no organization or groups here for me to talk to anyone who would understand what I am feeling. Should I feel guilty by joining a website so I can communicate with other people who may realize what I am going through.

Well I will try not to bore you. It's several things. I am deaf in my left ear, going deaf in my right ear, thanks to Meniere's. Married, but husband gets so worked up because so many times I ask him to repeat, even though I have a hearing aid in my right ear. He thinks I should be able to hear through walls. I live out in the county. There are no organization or groups here for me to talk to anyone who would understand what I am feeling. Should I feel guilty by joining a website so I can communicate with other people who may realize what I am going through.

Should you feel guilty?

I can't see why. On the bright side you do have internet access, even out in the country.

There are a few other members with Meniere's so with any luck they will drop in and talk with you.

I can't let him find out I have join a website. I guess that's why I feel guilty. I think it would do me good to communicate with other hoh or deaf people. Being over 50, it is just a big step.

I can't let him find out I have join a website. I guess that's why I feel guilty. I think it would do me good to communicate with other hoh or deaf people. Being over 50, it is just a big step.

What??

Why can't he know? Are you a prisoner, or abused?

He thinks it's terrible that I have a facebook page. He was in military. I shouldn't say this, but what the heck, I took the plunge and joined. It's verbal abuse.

I think you did the right thing to join this forum.

Welcome. Once you hang out here and learn more from each of us. You might feel more confident than before. Trust that one. :)

It's up to you to stop the verbal abuse. You should be able to do what you want. Lying or hiding in a marriage never works. Eventually you will get caught.

Welcome to the forum!

It's up to you to stop the verbal abuse. You should be able to do what you want. Lying or hiding in a marriage never works. Eventually you will get caught.

Welcome to the forum!

That is easier said than done , and the OP said she lived in the country and there are no place to go. And you do not know if she had tried stop the verbal abuse , so you should not be so quick to judge her.

That is easier said than done , and the OP said she lived in the country and there are no place to go. And you do not know if she had tried stop the verbal abuse , so you should not be so quick to judge her.

I'm just offering my opinion from experience. Don't be attacking every post that you don't like to read. I noticed you do that a lot in this forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Not everyone's situation is the same as someone else. MangaReader how would you suggest that I stop verbal abuse? Have you ever been in that type of relationship?
I can't divorce, because I wouldn't be able to make it financially on my own. Oh, wait when I win the lottery I can.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Not everyone's situation is the same as someone else. MangaReader how would you suggest that I stop verbal abuse? Have you ever been in that type of relationship?
I can't divorce, because I wouldn't be able to make it financially on my own. Oh, wait when I win the lottery I can.

That's a terrible situation to be in. I feel for ya. :( Hopefully you find the connections you're looking for here. Good luck to you and welcome.

Back