hello from whidbey island washington

hencm08

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. hoping to meet fellow hearing impaired folks in my area. im actually nervous about this. i didnt think it would be so hard to find people who are hearing impaired in my area. i love using sign language and prefer silence over hearing aids, even though hearing aids are the reason why i can do my career. well looking forward to hearing from yall

Encourage you to read every threads on the forum. You may understand why Beb mentioned about hearing impaired

What's the comment for? No need to roll your eyes

It's because most of us don't think we are impaired.

Deaf or hard of hearing are descriptions that don't diminish the person.

It's because most of us don't think we are impaired.

Deaf or hard of hearing are descriptions that don't diminish the person.

Beb should have explained this, especially to a new member, a stranger who didn't come looking for trouble, obviously.....

I don't mind the term hearing impaired. It's been that way all my life. It is an impairment. I can't get into the military. It impairs me from doing many things but having hearing aids I am able to be a firefighterand an EMT. II'm not hard of hearing nor hard of sight etc. For me my hearing is impaired. It can't be repaired it has diminished in it capacity and not where normal hearing should be.

I don't mind the term hearing impaired. It's been that way all my life. It is an impairment. I can't get into the military. It impairs me from doing many things but having hearing aids I am able to be a firefighterand an EMT. II'm not hard of hearing nor hard of sight etc. For me my hearing is impaired. It can't be repaired it has diminished in it capacity and not where normal hearing should be.

My hearing is impaired too, I have nerve damage , so my ears are impaired . I really see no difference in saying nerve damage or impaired , It just means I do not hear good. I feel the same as you and just wanted to let I have no issues with what you posted .

When someone says "hearing impaired" it makes me think of someone is scratching on the green board in the classroom with their fingernails, that's hearing people worst enemy. Get my drift? :lol:

:welcome:

My hearing is impaired too, I have nerve damage , so my ears are impaired . I really see no difference in saying nerve damage or impaired , It just means I do not hear good. I feel the same as you and just wanted to let I have no issues with what you posted .

Thank you. I really appreciate that. Even my deaf friends and hearing impaired friends from my old state didn't mind what it was called.

When someone says "hearing impaired" it makes me think of someone is scratching on the green board in the classroom with their fingernails, that's hearing people worst enemy. Get my drift? :lol:

:welcome:

But that's you. I find no offense to it since it is a medical term and I am in the medical field.

But that's you. I find no offense to it since it is a medical term and I am in the medical field.

Next time, say that word again in front hundred deaf people around you, and please do let me know how it goes. :whistle:

Next time, say that word again in front hundred deaf people around you, and please do let me know how it goes. :whistle:

I have. At the world deaf camp and people didn't take offense to it. I have at a deaf school and they didn't take offense to it. I have at deaf camps.

it don't really bother me but I can see how it could...when I went deaf and got my head together I thought my world had ended at the time I thought I was disabled impaired and every negative thing...I don't now...
Bot in some hospitals in uk they put notice on persons bed saying hearing impaired I seen it several times

it don't really bother me but I can see how it could...when I went deaf and got my head together I thought my world had ended at the time I thought I was disabled impaired and every negative thing...I don't now...
Bot in some hospitals in uk they put notice on persons bed saying hearing impaired I seen it several times

They do it here too. I think it's just the political correctness at work.

Kind of like how people went from cripple, to handicapped, to disabled, and now they are trying to make it "differently abled."

Deaf is a good descriptor, and it really baffles me why people shy away from it.

I agree..

the PC police can be irritating....you are what you are I was told off when I said something about blindness,i was told never to say that you say no perception of light.
my daughter is Downs she knows she is but when doing government forms for her I am not allowed to say permentent condition

I am new to the forum. hoping to meet fellow hearing impaired folks in my area. im actually nervous about this. i didnt think it would be so hard to find people who are hearing impaired in my area. i love using sign language and prefer silence over hearing aids, even though hearing aids are the reason why i can do my career. well looking forward to hearing from yall
hello..how are u doing?i will be happy to know u better..i am not deaf nor disable..am looking for a woman who will be mine forever

They do it here too. I think it's just the political correctness at work.

Kind of like how people went from cripple, to handicapped, to disabled, and now they are trying to make it "differently abled."

Deaf is a good descriptor, and it really baffles me why people shy away from it.

Right!!!! we should just call it like it is.

I agree..

the PC police can be irritating....you are what you are I was told off when I said something about blindness,i was told never to say that you say no perception of light.
my daughter is Downs she knows she is but when doing government forms for her I am not allowed to say permentent condition

especially like whats going on now!! changing columbus day to indiginous day puleazzze

especially like whats going on now!! changing columbus day to indiginous day puleazzze

Yaaaay!!!!! Thank to Seattle, Washington for changing from Columbus Day to Indigenous Day. :thumb:

Down with Columbus. He and the crew was very bad to the Natives on South of North America (especially on the islands). He abused and murdered many of the Natives who were gentle and kind people. The Europeans were just greedy for gold and lands so they have the nerve to make them suffered and killed them. Beside, we think maybe Columbus was not the first man to come into the New World (for them). Our World is not new. We have been here for long time (centuries). You live in Washington. You learn or study about our history. Whoooot!!!! I am happy. :D

Back