Hello from Wales

Tuscany

Reaction score
Hi I'm James, I've decided to sign up to the forum since I don't know anyone in the same situation as me.

I was born HOH and lately I've felt a bit misunderstood by the people in my town. I just wanted to meet people in the same boat as me and to see if anyone has the same problems as me when meeting others.

Yes, its takes people time to understand me since my speech isnt the greatest. Born HOH and now profound deaf ( legally deaf without aids)
I pronounce my words different since I cant hear the sounds correctly, alot of people thing Im from another country since I sound like I have an accent.

Yeah same here but that's not the only problem. I'm feeling lonely in the crowd lately as obviously I'm not hearing what's going on in group discussions, and lately I think people are misinterpreting that as arrogance or ignorance. I'm always too embarrassed to ask people to repeat what they said... annoying. :/

Hi James, Welcome aboard!

Been to Wales quite a few times, grew up in, and moved from Walsall in the West Midlands a few years back.
It's easy feeling misunderstood by people, they mistake silence for arrogance.

Back