Hello from UK

Fletchie

Reaction score
Hi all,

Accidentally stumbled on this website whilst trying to find some info on the after effects of a Mastoidectomy.

I'm not registered deaf but do have quite significant single sided deafness. I had surgery 2 weeks ago for Cholesteatoma but have had hearing loss since childhood. Sadly it wasn't picked up until my teens. I'm now 40.

I've been through the grommets and hearing aids but it looks now that I may be a candidate for a BAHA implant. This won't be for some time as I've yet to have more surgery in 12 months to check for recurring cholesteatoma.

Sending best wishes to all on here.

Welcome from England. Good luck with the BAHA. I used to envision a bolt sticking out from the mastoid but I understand it's less invasive than that :) and the implant is further up on your head. I looked into it over the years and now my conductive loss (as of 2008) wouldn't benefit from it.

Welcome! I'm English (brummie) though now living abroad. Good luck with whatever happens!
Any questions, you know where we are :)

Hi fletch, I am from good old blighty too, hope you find the answers you need here, sorry can't be much of help as haven't been through it.

Back