Hello from the Philippines!!!

jomanila

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm Jojo, a sign language interpreter from the Philippines. I just surfed the internet and found this site. I hope I may be able to interact with you guys.

:) :)

:welcome: :welcome: Hello Jomanila!!!! Welcome to Alldeaf. I hope you will enjoy your stay here at AD with us. Look foward to your postings!!! Have a good one!!!!

Hi there! Welcome to AD :)

Im curious..what sign language do you interpret? Do you do Talalog or Spanish or English?

Hello &
14.gif

Thanks for welcoming me. We basically use the American Sign Language but we are documenting and encouraging deaf people to use our Filipino Sign Language which is distinctly different from ASL and Filipino language.

jomanila said:
Thanks for welcoming me. We basically use the American Sign Language but we are documenting and encouraging deaf people to use our Filipino Sign Language which is distinctly different from ASL and Filipino language.

:welcome: yes, welcom here, also @ A.D.

When I have mastered this ASL later down the road, I hope to master the art of sign language in my language & culture aswell, too (Filipino/Tagalog). ;)

I think it would be soo cool to learn something different.

P.S. Is there a book for filipino sign language like they do for ASL?? :confused:
If there is, could you please point it out to me on how I may be able to attain it?
(or have it through the internet?), or
is it harder/easier than ASL?? :confused: Just wondering.

well, reply back when you can.

Salamat. Mabuhay. :)

Back