Hello From Texas

drcopeland

Reaction score
I just wanted to say a quick hello. I am hearing but recently learned ASL, about 8 months ago. I had never thought of learning it before but once I stopped in a meeting for those wanting to learn I was hooked. I have a few friends that are deaf or HoH and they really have helped me to improve my conversational skills. I have been reading up on deaf culture trying to get an idea of what life is like for the deaf and HoH. I have been truly surprised. We hearing really take for granted many things. I look forward to "meeting" some new friends here. So any advice you have for me is greatly appreciated. Also if there is some that hearing people do that is really offensive please tell me, I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

Danielle

Hello! anyway, help me how to post introduction. I am also a newbie but sad to say that I've been looking for posting a topic in introducing myself. Hehe

Tribaltalon,

I am in Midland, close to SWICD. Not much here but dirt...lol

Dirty? Lubbock is much dirty than Midland. Thank to Dust Bowl in north there. And yeah, "not much here" cuz it's frickin FLAT lol

Aww, to bad that you're not in Houston. I'd have gotten to meet you at an ASL social. Maybe somewhere else in the not too distant future.

No there is not much here in Texas but I moved here a couple of years ago to be near family. I think that should prove that I love them...:)

Tribaltalon,

I am in Midland, close to SWICD. Not much here but dirt...lol

Would you like to attend the San Angelo Deaf Coffee House? its the first sat. of every month. next meeting is tommorow. every meeting is the same time same location.

1p-4p

Baker Street Coffee House
on Knickerbocker st. near the intersection of sunset dr. across from Community Medical Center.

Please feel free to share this info with any Deaf/HOH or ASL students or terps you may know pls.

We are trying to strengthen the local Deaf community and are always looking for new faces!:ty:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Authentic,

I would love to move to Austin, I hear it is really beautiful. But I am really getting involved in the deaf community here and it is wonderful. Not ready to leave just yet. Plus I have my family here and I enjoy being close by. We are very close, even more so since my youngest brother passed away 2 years ago. But I'm sure I will eventually leave here and go where the trees are. :)

Would you like to attend the San Angelo Deaf Coffee House? its the first sat. of every month. next meeting is tommorow. every meeting is the same time same location.

1p-4p

Baker Street Coffee House
on Knickerbocker st. near the intersection of sunset dr. across from Community Medical Center.

Please feel free to share this info with any Deaf/HOH or ASL students or terps you may know pls.

We are trying to strengthen the local Deaf community and are always looking for new faces!:ty:

It's about 2 hours from Midland to San Angelo. It's very dull trip. lol

haha yes from midland to angelo is dull trip.... but a nice Deaf Event awaits if you make the trip... (grin)

Back