Hello from SoCal

Colwynn

Reaction score
Hi, guys, the name is Colwynn, or just Col. I'm hearing and I recently finished ASL1 at my community college, and I have to say that the deaf culture and history is really amazing.

I've always been a bit of a fanatic for culture and the differences between each one. I'm not a great signer by any means, but I would really enjoy the opportunity to learn more from the perspective of those who have different ideas from my own.

I'll admit that, before my class, I never gave any serious thought about the deaf community, and never actually ran into anyone that was deaf. But I'd rather choose to educate myself instead of remain ignorant, and from my experience, the best way to do that is to immerse yourself in the respective culture. Ever since my class, I've found that I run into more folks that are deaf, which leads me to believe that I was really just oblivious before all of this. I don't know which is worse, to be honest.

If there's anyone out there that feels like it, I'd like to get to know some people and maybe make some friends along the way. And maybe I'll get a little better at my signing while I'm at it. ;)

So, a little bit about me: I like reading, writing, cosplay, gaming, anime, archery, basketball and any number of random... things. XD I make costumes myself, have a rudimentary knowledge of speaking Japanese and a passable skill in signing. I'll be majoring in Biochemistry this coming Fall and hope to become a Criminal Investigator. So how about you guys?

Hello I am new here as well. Looks like you got a pretty full calendar. hope everything goes your way. I have been deaf for three years. Welcome my friend.

Hey I'd like to practice as well u can friend me at alligator123001 on oovoo if you have one.

Hey guys!

Welcome to you both as well, then! ;]

I'd love to practice some time with you guys. I don't have an oovoo, but I'll look into downloading it. :]

Hi there! I'm new here as well, also hearing, currently taking ASL1, also into cultures and languages, also able to speak japanese and I also like anime. Never done a cosplay but I would like to do it someday.

Back