Hello From Salem, Or.

Braydens Mom

Reaction score
Greetings! I am new here. Here is a little about me. I am a SAHM of 3. Married. My youngest son is autistic. He has very little communication skills. I have recently enrolled him in an ASL class. Well, actually, the whole family.

He has perfect hearing, (so they say). I know he hears.. I just think he hears to much to filter out what he "needs" to hear.

I am enjoying learning ASL. It is opening up a whole new world to myself, and my family.

I train and show paint horses in my spare time. I am currently searching for a grant to open a riding school for autistic/ hoh & deaf people. I am a perfectionist...and am my worst critic. lol

I am afraid of many things... especially spiders. lol

What I hope to achieve? (ok, now I am sounding like I am on a interview...hehe) I want to learn...as much as I can. About the deaf community and culture. I know in my heart, this is going to be the way for my child to grow and prosper. I also know.. that I myself am losing my hearing. Some days it is great... other days I sound like a broken record.. "What? huh?" ok..

Ok...now that I have bored you all....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I looked at the website. Looks like fun! When he is old enough I will consider it! Ok, now not to sound stupid...what is CODA?:giggle:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. CODA is initial for Children Of Deaf Adults. My son is CODA with me being Deaf Adult (parent). I taught my son to sign baby sign language and then graduated to ASL. He is thirty 32 years old now. My son and I live far away. He live in New Mexico, USA and I live here in Ontario, Canada. When I came to visit him, he did not forget his ASL and we communicate very beautifully. Anyway, I am happy that you are here and I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Back