Hello from Rochester, NY :)

floataloft

Reaction score
Hi! :wave:

I'm Marci (hearing), from upstate New York. This fall, I enrolled in an ASL class out of sheer curiosity, and now I think I'm in love with it. It's such a beautiful language and I want to know as much as I possibly can about ASL and Deaf culture. I have a lot of questions (I'll save those for later) and would love to find some people to Skype with at some point.

Anyways -- it's nice to meet all of you. :cool2:

Welcome to AD, good to hear your deep interests in ASL, we suggest before asking questions, especially Survey which is prohibited by forum policy, that you have fun browse and search questions, because plenty of questions can be easily found here even without asking us again.

BTW, too bad that there isn't much snow around here! :(

Merry Christmas
DHB

Where in Rochester are you? I went to RIT for college and am familiar with the area. :)

Welcome, Marci!

I'm new also but see that there are lots of hearing AD forum members.

We are looking forward to learning what you are up to, there in your hometown
:wave:.

Hello everyone -- thanks for the warm welcome! Happy Holidays to all.

Diehardbiker: I did find the questions thread, and I'm happy I did -- a lot of my questions have now been answered, ha. :)

VamPyroX: I live just outside of Rochester in Ontario, NY, right on the lakeshore. Right now I'm attending MCC and am thinking of transferring to RIT, but phew, it's $$$$$$$ :( What did you study there? Are you hearing or Deaf?

AdamFencePost: I used to live in WA -- though all the way on the otherside, in Olympia. :)

It turns out that my Skype is spotty (I have satellite internet), especially when clouds are rolling in. Blah. We're due for a winter storm at the moment. :(

. . . AdamFencePost: I used to live in WA -- though all the way on the otherside, in Olympia. :)

. . .

A very beautiful place, when the sky is clear and I can see both the Olympic Mountains on 1 side and Mt. Rainier on the other and there I am out in the waters of the Puget Sound . . ! I really feel like I'm in one of the most special places on Earth :shock: ! But you are right, Marci -

I'm over here on the other side of Washington State, in the Wild, wild East ;).

Back