Hello from Rhodes State College

sandece

Reaction score
I am an ASL student, a single mom with 2 hearing kids going for a degree in social work with an interest in ASL. I find this is a whole new world. Where are interpreters most needed?

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Only way is to find in the yellow pages for Organizations like for special needs, I think. There will probably be a Hearing Society for the Deaf or if there is a Deaf school in your area or nearest. They will give you information on where to get interpreters. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

I am an ASL student, a single mom with 2 hearing kids going for a degree in social work with an interest in ASL. I find this is a whole new world. Where are interpreters most needed?
Welcome to AllDeaf, sandece! :)

I would believe there is great demand for interpreters in booming states in the South (mainly, South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina, Texas and Florida) and the West (mainly, Idaho, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado and Utah.) There may be demand for interpreters in states like Tennessee, Washington, Virginia, etc.

If you are seeking to move out of your current state, I would advise you to stay put until the economy picks up. It is very, very difficult to get jobs everywhere now.

Back