Hello from rainy Toronto :-)

honey.toronto

Reaction score
Hi!
I've been poking around this site for a couple of days, and would like to introduce myself.
I'm a mum of 4, currently taking an ASL certificate program in night school, and have applied to a full time Deaf Studies program for September, with the goal of applying to/completing a further 3 year Interpreter certification.
I am hearing, as is my family, but ASL has always been an area that interested me. It's an interesting career path for myself, and not where I could have pictured myself at 18/19, when I was a music performance student in university! I'm really enjoying the experience of learning a new language, and all about Deaf culture.

I am looking forward to learning from you all, and making new friends. :wave:

I am a hockey free zone! :lol:

I love your quote, btw, Jack was doing good things for our country, and taken too soon. <3

Oh, no, no hockey here!
Your quote makes me smile, Jack was doing good work for our country before we lost him. <3

:aw:, Shineshine. My husband and I were always hoping for Maple Leafs to win but I know it is a losing battle when they tried hard to beat other teams like Vancouver Canucks. You root for your team while I root for my team. :lol:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum, honey, toronto. I hope you can learn a lot about our deaf perspectives and our Deaf Culture. There are lots of information when we discuss or debate on many of our topics. So enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Oh, no, no hockey here!
Your quote makes me smile, Jack was doing good work for our country before we lost him. <3

I love JL! Cry so hard day he die...

Also what kind Canadian not like hockey?!?!?!? :lol:

:aw:, Shineshine. My husband and I were always hoping for Maple Leafs to win but I know it is a losing battle when they tried hard to beat other teams like Vancouver Canucks. You root for your team while I root for my team. :lol:

Aw poor Bebo, root Leafs. ;)

"What kind of Canadian not like hockey?!?!?!"
::blush:: my parents are British, we didn't grow up with an appreciation for the sport and I married an Englishman, so our kids don't care about it either. LoL

Hey Honey Toronto

I am pretty close to you, I am in Burlington.
I have just lost all my hearing in the past year to Mitochrondrial Disease.

I am trying to figure out how I can make calls with this IP relay and do I need a tty, can others call me??? It is all very confusing for me.
If you know anything about the above can u message me.
I am not even sure if we here in Canada have the IP relay.
I see in the states they have a few.

thanks

Jayme0013

welcome to alldeaf Burlington

I remember to relay Canada :lol:

Hi!
I've been poking around this site for a couple of days, and would like to introduce myself.
I'm a mum of 4, currently taking an ASL certificate program in night school, and have applied to a full time Deaf Studies program for September, with the goal of applying to/completing a further 3 year Interpreter certification.
I am hearing, as is my family, but ASL has always been an area that interested me. It's an interesting career path for myself, and not where I could have pictured myself at 18/19, when I was a music performance student in university! I'm really enjoying the experience of learning a new language, and all about Deaf culture.

I am looking forward to learning from you all, and making new friends. :wave:

where are you studying? I live just outside Hamilton and would love to know of a place to find courses or other people to study with!

Back