Hello from Pittsburgh

david40price

Reaction score
Hi there, I wanted to introduce myself.

I'm new to ASL. I've been taking classes for about 3 months now. I started after I met and started dating a Deaf person.

I am very much enjoying ASL and would like to meet other people in Pittsburgh who sign so I can improve upon my skills.

I see there is the ASL Fight Club and I will try to attend this, but its limited to one day per month. Does anyone know of other resources that can help me?

Thanks, -David

ASL Fight Club

Yes it is something they do here in Pittsburgh. I have not gone to one yet, but will do so soon.

steelcityinterpreters.com/blog/tag/pittsburgh

The above link has some information about it. I'm having a hard time finding out when the next one happens.

You go and sign for a few hours. You are not allowed to talk at all. It is designed to help improve your ASL skills faster and be fully immersed.

It looks like the ASL Fight Club dates are here. It does not look to be every month though. :-(

Thank you David for taking the time to learn ASL for your partner, had mine bothered to try, he might still be in my life. Welcome to AD enjoy the stay.

Thank you Sares. Yes, it is a no-brainer for me to learn ASL. Granted it is not easy, but learning any language is not easy, no matter what the language is. I mean, why would I not want to? I want to be able to talk to my partner and communicate with him as easily as I do anyone else and I don't want to inconvenience him either. To me, it is just the right thing to do. I can't imagine anyone not comitting to this.

I'm sorry your partner did not make the effort. Shame on him. And thank you for the welcome, much appreciated.
-David

Back