Hello from Ohioland [and Chicagoland].

Marual

Reaction score
Hey people!

I've been a member of this site for... oh, maybe four to five years now but I haven't touched base in so long. I live in the Chicago area but during the school year I'm at college [sophomore year now] near Columbus, OH. I am hard of hearing and double majoring in Cinema and English. I attend a hearing college but sometimes [here is where the advertising starts] it gets kind of 'lonely' being the only 'deaf' student around. If anyone near college age and lives around the Columbus, OH area, hit me up and maybe we can hang out. I'm trying to branch out and meet new people while I'm not in Chicago.... but I'd love to meet you if you're in Chicago too! :)

Also, I'm a maintainer of chicagodeafies community on livejournal [advertising again!!] and would love if people could join and contribute.

I hope to be around this site more often now. Talk to you guys soon! :)

*squeals* AHHH!!! It's you, you're back! Hi!!! :dance2:

Excited, girly moment over. :)

Hi,

I am hearing in Chicagoland area looking to make new friends with deaf ppl.. I have deaf son who is 10 and would like to make friends, hang out and attend social events with deafies. If you know anyone, please let me know..

thanks

Okay, okay, I'll be nice.

Just to let everyone know, Marual rocks. If you don't know her, you should get to know her.

ayala920 said:
Okay, okay, I'll be nice.

Just to let everyone know, Marual rocks. If you don't know her, you should get to know her.

Psh a little TOO nice. ;)

Make yourself at home here. You should check out the garden variety of "smiles" AllDeaf.com has to offer. :giggle:

How do you like Ohio?

Ohio's not too shabby but it's a little in the middle of nowhere [well, in the middle of hills] compared to Chicago! :)

Marual said:
Ohio's not too shabby but it's a little in the middle of nowhere [well, in the middle of hills] compared to Chicago! :)

Chicago is a glorious city. My aunt lives in Vandalia for as long as I can remember. She wanted me to go to college in Yellow Springs! (I'm from California, by the way.) One summer, when I was a college sophomore, we, including my mother, took a road trip to Chicago from Vandalia. I fell in love with it instantly and did not want to leave.

Maybe my mind's playing tricks, but I could've sworn that your name's spelt backwards. LAURAM?

me_punctured said:
Chicago is a glorious city. My aunt lives in Vandalia for as long as I can remember. She wanted me to go to college in Yellow Springs! (I'm from California, by the way.) One summer, when I was a college sophomore, we, including my mother, took a road trip to Chicago from Vandalia. I fell in love with it instantly and did not want to leave.

Maybe my mind's playing tricks, but I could've sworn that your name's spelt backwards. LAURAM?

That's exactly it! :)

Hello :wave:

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here ;)....

:wave: :welcome: to Alldeaf Marual!!! I hope you're having fun posting and making new friends!!! Welcome aboard, and welcome back!!! :ily:

Back