Hello from MA

Yep, we are near there. We just went to the Big E last two weeks ago. Lots of fun. No, I didn't have any of the fried butter or fried jelly beans. :lol:

Fried jelly beans and fried butter?!?!? Ewww...... Mouth is watering for one of those lobster rolls from the Maine Pavillian......and did you have one of those giant cream puffs?

:wave:zephren

seems very peaceful there for you. We live in a rural-ish area in the Midwestand hub just picked up some firewood from a neighbor for the Winter. We have a natural fireplace in this "newer to us" <we moved here 3 years ago> house.
Last night and the one before we had a fire. It was very cozy, with our two dogs. We have dogs in the Mastiff family also - two Rottie females.

My husband is very techie- EE-type background....has worked in computers and technology since before college, doing variously- network admin., security, troubleshooting, coding. He is hoh/deaf - congenital- Rubella syndrome. No sign.

I'm hoh. I sign small amount, poorly.

Fried jelly beans are you joking or is it for real..Scotland like fried Mars bars that bad enough..
Welco

that's like at the state fair - deep fried pizza, deep fried bacon on a stick with cheese....

Fried jelly beans are you joking or is it for real..Scotland like fried Mars bars that bad enough..
Welco

Unfortunately, the fried jelly beans and fried butter are not a joke. Ewww is right : ).

:wave:zephren

seems very peaceful there for you. We live in a rural-ish area in the Midwestand hub just picked up some firewood from a neighbor for the Winter. We have a natural fireplace in this "newer to us" <we moved here 3 years ago> house.
Last night and the one before we had a fire. It was very cozy, with our two dogs. We have dogs in the Mastiff family also - two Rottie females.

My husband is very techie- EE-type background....has worked in computers and technology since before college, doing variously- network admin., security, troubleshooting, coding. He is hoh/deaf - congenital- Rubella syndrome. No sign.

I'm hoh. I sign small amount, poorly.

Hi Dogmom,

Looks like we both have a nice relax life. I have never been a big city lover. Rural, farm life is more my speed. I live on a road where if we see 4 cars a day that was a heavy traffic day.

Really fried jelly beans and butter ?? That sound nasty ! I don't eat a lot of fried foods .
Could you post a photo of your puppy ? I call all dogs puppy . :giggle:

Yeah, I call my dogs puppies too - even when they are seniors. Here is a picture of two of them.

Attachments

• ZigZar_Mar2015.jpg
    ZigZar_Mar2015.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 2
The also have a lot of things covered in chocolate at the fair. I did try the chocolate covered bacon. Surprisingly, that is actually really good.

Yeah, I call my dogs puppies too - even when they are seniors. Here is a picture of two of them.

:ty: They're cute ! I bet they like to eat , my little puppy loves food ! Do they have chocolate covered hotdogs , please tell me 'NO".

zephren- LOVED the doggie pictures!

one of mine is "the baby" though she is 5. She came to us at 8 weeks and is small for the breed. When she was literally a baby, we'd actually clean up her little pee area <on her body> after she was done, trying to keep it clean to prevent UTI's. She came to us with a few anomalies and and some immune challenges so we wanted to be extra careful. We'd pick her up and set her on a towel on the counter and take care of it.

Here's a set of my two black and tan beloveds from a couple years ago: https://www.flickr.com/photos/10458905@N02/sets/72157624426266984/

zephren- LOVED the doggie pictures!

one of mine is "the baby" though she is 5. She came to us at 8 weeks and is small for the breed. When she was literally a baby, we'd actually clean up her little pee area <on her body> after she was done, trying to keep it clean to prevent UTI's. She came to us with a few anomalies and and some immune challenges so we wanted to be extra careful. We'd pick her up and set her on a towel on the counter and take care of it.

Here's a set of my two black and tan beloveds from a couple years ago: https://www.flickr.com/photos/10458905@N02/sets/72157624426266984/

Great pictures! They look like they are really happy playmates.

:wave: :ty:
yes, they have been great together. Right now they can't really play like that as we have cruciate disease going on in the youngest <"the baby">. I hope next Spring they can be crazy together again!:aw:

Sorry to hear about the cruciate. I have had to do a TPLO on two of my dogs in the past to fix torn ACL. After the two months of reduced activity (no easy task) they both recovered and were back to normal.

:ty:zephren

This seemed to have "happened" <I wrote "happened" that way because the newer line of thinking is cruciate problems are a disease of inherent structural deficit, breed-related and inflammation leading up to the eventual rupture; considered more a bilateral thing like HD - not so much an actual "happening" such as injury> the same time as during my recovery from hernia surgery...sigh.

We've been to 2 different surgeons and talked with many other people as I have heard a range of things about procedures and various after-effects. In the end - based on her very high drive and athleticism, and her breed, we've reluctantly decided to go with TPLO as opposed to extra cap or Tightrope. She is my "always-on" and my competition Nosework, dog. We're currently pre-rehab water work and have an appt. with an holistic vet.

Do glad to read your two dogs did fine!

that's like at the state fair - deep fried pizza, deep fried bacon on a stick with cheese....

Dave Barry once said " You can get anything fried. Fried chicken, fried pizza and fried frying oil fried in fried sugar"

Back