Hello from Huntsville

litepack said:
Well i only met one person the whole time in Huntsville that knew sign.

Did you know there were plenty of us that know signs in Huntsville???

RebelGirl said:
Did you know there were plenty of us that know signs in Huntsville???

No i did not..

i have a few friends trying to learn sign in huntsville and they cant even find classes on it.

litepack said:
No i did not..

i have a few friends trying to learn sign in huntsville and they cant even find classes on it.

You could have called AIDB (Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind) they would have given you infos about taking classes and give you deaf events in Huntsville.

litepack said:
32 year old guy in Huntsville Alabama

- Hard of hearing
- Mainstreamed
- Dont wear ears
- Interested in meeting local people that know sign

Hello welcome to AD!! Enjoy your stay... :) Im hard of hearing myself too, by the way I had to say this!! I watch american idol with my family and they are a huge fan of Taylor Hicks... He lives in Birmingham Alabama.. They said he can sing good music. They just tell me since I can't hear the singing but I do read the close captions... So I still can't tell if he can sing good or not.. So I listen to everyone here and they all seem to love him... Wondering if you heard about him in alabama or maybe met him before???
PM me if you want

GOD BLESS YOU! :wave: :welcome:

Brian said:
litepack - welcome to alldeaf.com! :) I'm about 200 miles away from Huntsville.

Don't know if you are familiar with the deaf in Huntsville and northern Alabama... but just be cautious most of them are cliquey... if you get it what I mean...

Hello Brian,

My name is Heylia and I was wondering what do you mean by cliquey? Just curious. I will be moving to Dothan, Alabama in a matter of weeks and have been doing search on whether there's many deaf activities like there are in Southern California where I currently reside. But so far I haven't found that many :-(

litepack said:
32 year old guy in Huntsville Alabama

- Hard of hearing
- Mainstreamed
- Dont wear ears
- Interested in meeting local people that know sign

Welcome to AD !! I'm also a new member, hope you enjoy your stay !!

Heylia

Back