Hello from Hawaii

Almost forgot.....I know an area of concern for a lot of parents is speech therapy. Most hoh kids don't need hyperintense/specialized speech therapy (the way deafer kids may) But we can do decently with just regular speech.

Sorry I missed all this yesterday.
We are trying to sign with her as much as possible. I have looked into the school for deaf & blind but theres no services they offer for her until next year when she turns 3 expect for family sign language on tuesdays which is not an option at this moment due to me finishing my schooling in the next few months. I am not that mother that is in denial about my childs hearing loss. I believe she is more than qualified to go to the school as well as learn sign language. If you read my other post "lost" you will find she has many problems that delay her in learning including something wrong with her brain. So as of right now the only she can do is sit up. No crawling, walking, or saying anything besides "ahh". Thanks for all your help!

@ posts from hell, I am more than interested in help from other families..Please point them my way or me theirs. I am on Oahu as well.

Sorry I missed all this yesterday.
We are trying to sign with her as much as possible. I have looked into the school for deaf & blind but theres no services they offer for her until next year when she turns 3 expect for family sign language on tuesdays which is not an option at this moment due to me finishing my schooling in the next few months. I am not that mother that is in denial about my childs hearing loss. I believe she is more than qualified to go to the school as well as learn sign language. If you read my other post "lost" you will find she has many problems that delay her in learning including something wrong with her brain. So as of right now the only she can do is sit up. No crawling, walking, or saying anything besides "ahh". Thanks for all your help!

@ posts from hell, I am more than interested in help from other families..Please point them my way or me theirs. I am on Oahu as well.

Ktester that is AWESOME!!!!!! Are you guys near the school? What about Early Intervention?

Back