Hello from Englewood, Ohio

twincozmom

Reaction score
Hello I am new to Alldeaf.com I am really enjoying this web site. I am HOH. I was born with Otiosclorosis (sorry for the miss spelling). I was not diagnosed until I was 17. I never knew I had a problem. No one ever told me that I had a hearing loss I assumed that everyone was like me. When I was in high school I went to offered the hearing handicapped program. When I started meeting the deaf kids I felt a connection to them that I couldn't explain (I was in the hearing classes). There was a great teacher there that tried to explain and help me she told me to go to the DR. and I did and that is when I found out of my hearing loss. I was so angry. For all my life I was told I was stupid and wasn't trying to learn or understand people. I grew up feeling useless and not worth anything. I also learned that my parents knew of my hearing loss at a young age but was to ashamed to get me help. They were always upset when I would have my deaf friends over and we would sign. They insisted that I have surgery at 18 to replace the stapes they discovered alot of nerve damage that could not be repaired. My parents were dissappointed. I could not be "cured". I was happy! I am now an Interpreter for the Deaf myself. I love every minute of my job.

Hi

Hello I am new to Alldeaf.com I am really enjoying this web site. I am HOH. I was born with Otiosclorosis (sorry for the miss spelling). I was not diagnosed until I was 17. I never knew I had a problem. No one ever told me that I had a hearing loss I assumed that everyone was like me. When I was in high school I went to offered the hearing handicapped program. When I started meeting the deaf kids I felt a connection to them that I couldn't explain (I was in the hearing classes). There was a great teacher there that tried to explain and help me she told me to go to the DR. and I did and that is when I found out of my hearing loss. I was so angry. For all my life I was told I was stupid and wasn't trying to learn or understand people. I grew up feeling useless and not worth anything. I also learned that my parents knew of my hearing loss at a young age but was to ashamed to get me help. They were always upset when I would have my deaf friends over and we would sign. They insisted that I have surgery at 18 to replace the stapes they discovered alot of nerve damage that could not be repaired. My parents were dissappointed. I could not be "cured". I was happy! I am now an Interpreter for the Deaf myself. I love every minute of my job.

Hi and Welcome, your Awesome:) :)
EsthersCrown*****

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Good to know that you're truly enjoying AD, hope you'll enjoy your stay as well! :)

:wave:
~RR

Back