Hello From Arkansas

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Im from Arkansas, and I am hard of hearing. I have complete deafeness in my left ear and reduced hearing in my right ear. I do not currently wear a hearing aid, but I am able do some ASL and read-lips very well. I am an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician), I have one daughter who is not deaf and one dog. I am currently looking for work as an EMT but I am finding out that just because I am deaf in one ear that employers think I am incapable of doing the job. I am also in the process of trying to find ways for me to go back to school to obtain an AAS Degree in Paramedicine.

Dixie

I have actually heard of the book, but I have never read it. Ive been partially deaf since birth. Thanks for your warm welcome.

Dixie

Dixie said:
Hello,
Im from Arkansas, and I am hard of hearing. I have complete deafeness in my left ear and reduced hearing in my right ear. I do not currently wear a hearing aid, but I am able do some ASL and read-lips very well. I am an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician), I have one daughter who is not deaf and one dog. I am currently looking for work as an EMT but I am finding out that just because I am deaf in one ear that employers think I am incapable of doing the job. I am also in the process of trying to find ways for me to go back to school to obtain an AAS Degree in Paramedicine.

Dixie
Please send me a message in yahoo if you can, i would love to talk to you, we have alot in commons

Hello Dixie,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here ;).....

thank you everyone who replied-

york_peppermint-
I dont have yahoo messenger the last time I attempted to use it, it would not allow me to log in for whatever reason. I do however have email. If you shoot me a PM I'll give you my email address.

Once again thanks for the warm welcome!

Dixie

:wave: Dixie!

Want some Easter peeps... :mrgreen:

Enjoy your stay.. Great place to make new friends...

Welcome to AD and I hope that you will enjoy to look around the posts, Dixie!!! :D

LOL dont worry every forum has its pests.....

besides Im not easily offended so if she thinks she knows me Im ok with that. :D

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf Dixie! Isn't there some special gadgets that EMTs can rely on (for those with hearing difficulties)? Wish you all the best whether you take up more schooling or find another EMT position...and hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD as well! ;)

G'day Dixie,
Welcome to AD. Hope you'll enjoy the tour here. Good luck with your future studies.
Cheers! :wave:

Herzlich Willkommen zu AD

Come and share your posts here with us. :thumb:

:wave: :welcome: to Alldeaf Dixie!!! I hope you will enjoy your stay here on Alldeaf, and make many new friends!! Have fun posting, and welcome aboard!!! Best of luck in your future as an EMT!!! :D

Dixie said:
thank you everyone who replied-

york_peppermint-
I dont have yahoo messenger the last time I attempted to use it, it would not allow me to log in for whatever reason. I do however have email. If you shoot me a PM I'll give you my email address.

Once again thanks for the warm welcome!

Dixie
Thanks for your reply, I did sent you a email, hope you got it.

Back